“Nice reasonably priced food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 323 Restaurants in Amiens
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Nice reasonably priced food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We arrived here for lunch on our way back from Paris, and were told that they were closing, but the waitress had a word with the kitchen and they said that they would serve us.Although they were closing we were not limited and could choose what we wanted from the menu, and all the dishes were explained by the owner Tung, The food was nice, maybe could have done with being a bit hotter, but we were not rushed in any way, the owner even stopping to chat to us about football, as that was the reason for or visit to Paris.
We all enjoyed our meal and I would recommend a visit to this unassuming restaurant in a side street a few minutes from the river.

• Visited April 2014

St Neots, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Had a fantastic meal. Staff talked us through the menu and were friendly and helpful. Meal came to 34euro with one starter and two main courses. Everything was freshly cooked and the spring rolls were superb.

• Visited April 2014
Bournemouth, UK
“Authentic Vietnamese cuisine and genuine owner-chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had read lots of reviews of Chez Tung, so was very keen to try it out. Chez Tung is on a small side street and quite simple in terms of decor. Mr Tung, the owner and chef, made me feel very welcome on a quiet Tuesday night. I ordered the house speciality, a dish consisting of vermicelli noodles, beef and salad, spiced with Vietnamese herbs and spices. I had eaten this dish in Vietnam and it tasted exactly the same - eating it even made me feel like I was back there! I ordered a carafe of rose, which was very nice and what I really liked was that there was no rush to have me leave. The restaurant was steady throughout the evening, with some takeaway customers too. The service is relaxed and unpretentious and the quality of the food excellent. I will be going back again the next time I'm in Amiens.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mridolfo
Lima
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Excellent value for money. Very flavorable food and friendly service. Special dishes prepared for children. Delicious cakes.

Visited January 2014
Hove
“Magnificent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Absolutely first class dining experience. We struggled to find the place having read the reviews on here but it is well worth the effort!

Tung, the part owner (with his French wife) is clearly passionate and it shows. He talked us through the menu and was very flexible in meeting our dining needs.

My 3 year old daughter wanted noodles and chicken and some spring rolls and this is exactly what she got. She loved it. And to cap it off got a wonderful piece of cheesecake for dessert, all for 4 euros!

Mine and my partners meals were equally impressive (mine nicer marginally :) ) Must have is the authentic Vietnamese salad for main. One of the nicest things I have eaten in a restaurant in a long time. Suck amazing flavours, fresh with lots of herbs.

I too had the cheesecake (adult portion) and it was delicious).

Would like to reccommend this to anyone, I'd go back like a shot if anywhere near in the future.

Plus 7 euros for a carafe of decent enough wine, whats not to like!

• Visited December 2013