“Lovely French Restaurant in Amiens”
Review of Brasserie Jules

Brasserie Jules
Ranked #5 of 334 Restaurants in Amiens
Price range: US$22 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We visited on a busy Saturday evening, we made a last minute reservation from our hotel and they managed to fit us in. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the service was very good. The main speciality of the restaurant is fish and seafood but there is a choice of other options on the menu. We both chose a soup starter, myself a fish soup, both were delicious. My husband had a mixed meat grill with potato straws and I had a chicken and lobster ravioli dish. The food was good, service was excellent, a lot of other diners seemed to go for seafood platters which were spectacularly presented, had my husband liked seafood I would have loved to have tried this. Overall a lovely experience and highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

One of the reasons i return to Jules is that the menu is constantly changing. Because i eat out a lot that is much appreciated

Today prawns in batter with tartare sauce followed by stuffed duckling
Both excellent. I had an Americano with the duck which complemented it well

The other reason i return to Jules is the exemplary service

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is just what it says it is - a brasserie, and a very large one at that. On a Friday night it was near enough full, which contributed to the buzzy atmosphere. It is clearly a very efficiently run, well established operation. The food came and went at the right pace, the service was good without being intrusive, and the surroundings were comfortable - although some of the Jules Verne themed paintings on the walls might not be to everyone's taste! As a brasserie, and not a Michelin starred restaurant, it sets very high standards. The fish soup was excellent, and the main course of a fricassee of kidneys and sweetbreads delicious, and served in a very generous portion. (If you visit the online menu from the UK, the automatic translation hilariously describes this dish as being served with 'mashed rat', when what it should be saying is that it comes with beautifully creamy mashed ratte potatoes). The very large serving of slow cooked lamb was also delicious. This is a terrific place for an enjoyable meal and convivial evening.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Everything about this restaurant was great. The food, wine and service was the best we had during the 6 week trip to France. The Chocolate ball dessert was amazing. Looking forward to dining there again, on our next trip to France

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Went to this brasserie with my family for dinner during Christmas break and our choice was right!
The brasserie was quite busy with local clientele in festive spirits, many of them were enjoying fruits de mer (seafood platter) and so were we. Sometimes some brasseries in France serve not "dead fresh" seafood platter but certainly they did. I ordered a local speciality "Ficelle picarde"(a kind of creamy gratin, crape in the middle) as starter, which was piping hot straight from the oven.It was delicious and nicely warmed me up. My family ordered monkfish cream source with risotto,they said it was delicious as well. As for cost performance, it's average but food quality is good, service is efficient, ambience is properly posh, so it was a positive dining experience here.