“Flight Crew Review”
Review of Hotel Marotte

Hotel Marotte
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Amiens
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We found ourselves in Amiens for the first time and our handler suggested we stay at the Hotel Marotte. It is about 30 minutes from the airport and has a great location in the middle of Amiens. The hotel has been open just a few months and is just beautiful. Rooms are very large, very well appointed and impeccably clean. Estelle Walti is the manager and is very kind and helpful in giving information about local attractions, places to eat and history of Amiens. I cannot thank her enough. I highly recommend the Hotel Marotte for a stay near Amines, France.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marotte

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our group of four stayed here for one night after visiting the anglo French war museum in Villers-Bretonneux. This is a new hotel, the rooms are very large as well appointed. The owners Estelle and Oliver were extremely attentive, most especially lovely to my mother travelling with us. The breakfast was superb. We would definitely stay here again, and encourage others to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Tastefully renovated and decorated with attention to detail,an extremely comfortable hotel with amazing breakfasts. Thank you Estelle and Olivier who were wonderful hosts. Excellent hotel in heart of Amiens. If we ever return to Amiens will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mischa4350
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have stayed 2 nights with my sister in Hotel Marotte for business. I was amazed by the tastefull, sophisticated interier decor and the effort put in every single detail. I had to take pictures of bathroom, bedroom etc. Bed was very comfortable and linen is of highest quality. The owners are very friendly and flexible, they accoodated every request we had. I would strongly recommend staying in this hotel, you will feel like the part of the family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank London0475
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We attended Anzac dawn service at Villers Bretonnaux and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The level of service, care and friendliness was outstanding in every respect. We were offered breakfast before dawn service at 3am but chose to eat on our return. Breakfast was brought to our room within 5 minutes of our return along with a small gift commemorating Anzac Day. Thank you Estelle, we will need no excuse to return and unreservedly recommend this hotel as a very special place to stay with outstanding personal service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 626Traveller
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had booked the Hotel Marotte for a special weekend with our teenage daughters. Even before arriving Estelle helped us with restaurant bookings. We arrived before check-in time and were taken straight to our room - which had been upgraded to a sauna suite with an enormous stone bath. Very exciting!
The rooms are beautifully decorated and very quiet. Location is excellent - cathedral, museum, shopping etc all a very short walk away.
Very personal service - my daughter had a cough, and at breakfast on Sunday, Estelle very kindly found some pastilles for her.
A really special place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ZBV
stlewe, Propriétaire at Hotel Marotte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Zaheena,
I am glad you enjoyed the surprise for your birthday. I like to treat my guests as if they were friends, I cannot help it... and I have daughters too so I know what it is like when they are ill.
Thanks again for your stay with us and take care!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

The Hotel Marotte exceeded our expectations.
Small and charming.
Quiet and fully functional.
New and exceedingly capable.
Estelle (owner) was most knowledgeable and helpful.
They truly care about their guests.
Great room; fine bed; fabulous pillows.
You can walk anywhere in the down town area.
Don't miss Notre Dame - Amiens
You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jim,
you did not choose the best day to come to Amiens : the weather was awful, many places and restaurants were closed...but I am glad you liked it! And I really enjoyed chatting with you and your wife. Best regards to you two!