“Nice place for a stopover”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kyriad Amiens Nord

Kyriad Amiens Nord
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Amiens
Hertfordshire
“Nice place for a stopover”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my husband while visiting Amiens and Somme battlefields. Hotel is well signposted right on main A16 from Calais and on a busy shopping commercial estate. Quiet at night clean rooms bit small but adequate. Friendly staff. Breakfast basic continental but ok. Tv only in French, tea and coffee in room. Plenty of free parking.Huge Carrefour hypermarket nearby for stocking up on food and drinks. 5 mins in car to Amiens which is very nice with lots of places to eat.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wirral England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Great price, great breakfast, bog standard Kyriad hidden away behind a Carrefour in a retail park in north Amiens. Ideal for one night but utterly forgettable soulless hotel. Trip was made interesting by rioting in the city whilst we were there - scary, but livened things up a touch!
Amiens cathedral is everything you would expect, it's quite magnificent ie everything the rest of Amiens isn't!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We booked this hotel as a stop-over as we were driving from London to the South of France. First things first - it cost £38 a night, so I didn't get my hopes up.

Only after I booked it was I smart enough to read the small print and saw that the hotel shut at 11pm - we were due to arrive at 11:30pm (and that was based on the Eurotunnel running on time and no incidents en-route). I therefore emailed the hotel and received an email back saying I would need to call the hotel on the day for the entry code.

On the day, I called the hotel and asked for the entry code details - these were emailed to me without any problems.

We arrived at the hotel to find it on a industrial estate, which wasn't the most welcoming sight. There were locked gates that required you to input the code, all worked fine and we then had to access the safe for our room key. No problems after all!

The room was basic but clean. My partner wasn't too impressed with the bed but I thought it was fine. The bathroom was clean with fresh towels. There was a TV that showed only French channels but some audio could be switched to English and we were fortunate to find a film we could watch.

As we arrived late everyone seemed to be in bed so it was very quiet. Except for the person who clearly hadn't read the small print, hadn't obtained the gate entry code and sat outside honking his car horn for over twenty minutes. Nobody is in the hotel after 11pm so his loud cries for help were a waste of time!

We got up early the next morning as we wanted an early start - apparently 8am was too early for this hotel as reception wasn't even open. We therefore packed up the car and waited 20 mins for the receptionist to get himself sorted and then we checked out.

We didn't try the restaurant as we arrived too late for dinner and didn't fancy breakfast.

All in all, I would use this hotel again as a stop over as it was perfectly adequate (and cheap) for what we wanted, but I wouldn't stay for longer than a night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 19EmmaB84
Edgware, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Having booked this hotel through Hotels.com, I thought it would be "OK". I wanted something cheap and cheerful, and basic. If I had got it that would have been fine as I only paid £39.00 for 1 night. They were told in advance I was to arrive very late. I arrived about 01.00 and the vehicle gate ( looks like prison gates ) were shut, the entry buzzer did not work so I though I would call, the hotel - NO ONE WAS THERE - it is unstaffed at certain times. When I called Hotels.com, I got through to a man who was not bothered, did not really care and simply left a message the next day to say we have a hotel down the road, would I like to stay there....deeeeerrrrrr
Hotels.com did not care that it cost me about £23.00 to make all the calls, did not care that I was stressed through their lack of help or assistance, nor were they prepared to pay towards the e98.00 i paid to stay elsewhere - Be warned about Hotels.com - they are quick enough to take your money, but slow to respond to help.
The real insult comes when they say you must read all the terms and conditions which easy to see and are there to be read, but I said they were not that obvious as I did not see them until after I booked, and by then its too late - you live and learn - have a nice life Hotels.com and you parent Expedia cos you wont see me or anyone from my company

Room Tip: cant say as never got into the hotel, but guess that it had 2 stars and very big bright red neon lig...
Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul R

Travellers are raving about these Amiens hotels

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

We just spent one night here on our way to Italy. It was very clean and the room was comfortable and opened on to the car park/garden. There is a good shopping complex nearby where you can buy drinks etc, access is also very easy from the mtorway. Good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was staying at All Seasons Asservillers which was about an hour commute from work. I asked to be moved to a hotel closer to work. This is how I ended up staying at Kyriad Amiens Nord It is close enough(5 minutes drive) to work, but I would never stay here again after making it a home for a month.

The front desk staff are horrible. It is either they lie too much or they are ignorant of their job. You are never given the same answer for the same question or request you make. The carpets in the hallway and rooms are worn out, stained and dirty. Every evening I come to my room, I find flies all over. It does get really noisey sometimes.

For some miraculous reasons, this hotel has a lot of guests all the time. I wonder if it is because of the location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

It seems as though monkeys were running this property with a mere 2 staff members during peak time (Anzac Day). We were given a double room after booking a twin. After informing the receptionist he had a French meltdown and literally threw the key at us.

We booked dinner in the restaurant and sat down only to be informed that the tour group of 35 pax had already booked it. We got booted out and told to come back in 2 hours. ***HOT TIP: walk down to Carreforre to the casino cafeteria and grab yourself a counter meal for $10!*****

Positives: price was right at only $80 for a warm, cosy room with free Internet and TV (all French channels)

Room was clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: They are all the same so don't worry!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family