“The Restaurants are Excellent”
Review of St-Leu

Ranked #4 of 43 things to do in Amiens
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Outside seating areas to sit and eat and drink and take in the views. I always use it.
I like to spend pleasurable evenings eating French cuisine. I have no dislikes

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just the area to amble round, looking at the buildings and the mediaeval layout. The few shops are small and "touristy" but you are not there to shop. It isn't entirely traffic free and the cobbled surface is difficult for the less mobile, but otherwise a pleasant amble between the Cathedral and the restaurants. Weekend evenings are more exciting as this is the university quarter too and there is lots of live music of all types.

1  Thank Archaeologist
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Many shops with a variety of goods. A good Subway shop for a snack in the middle of old town. On holidays everything is closed. You have to park outside the old town and walk the streets.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had lunch in St. Leu, the old quartier of Amiens. I was disappointed that there were only restaurants there and was hoping to do some shopping too, but unfortunately there wasn't one shop. I decided to have a Galette at the only restaurant towards the end that makes Galettes. I ate indoors as it was a cool day, but I found the crab galette a bit uninteresting, stuffed mostly full of rocket and also didn't feel I was made very welcome by the man there who runs the place. However I did have a nice trilogy of deserts at Cafe 31 there.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Lovely area with lots of restaurants/cafes and bars to choose from, all on the river. The views along the water were lovely with very old bridges

1  Thank Linda B