“Great value and great stay in Amiens”
Review of Hotel Victor Hugo

Hotel Victor Hugo
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Amiens
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in Room 3 for two nights in June 2014. We had a wonderful experience here. The experience first started with Edward. Edward was always quick to answer my emails in advance and offer advice on any questions I had. He was a great help with our stay. He made sure our room was ready and even let us go ahead and check in as soon as we arrived (early). The location was fantastic, just a few blocks from the train station, the Cathedral, and about a 15 minute walk to the Hortillonnages. The hotel was very secure, with a door code after hours. The location was also very quiet at night. We never heard any street traffic when we were getting ready for bed. There is no lift, however being on the first floor (2nd floor in the US), it was easy for us to take our bags ourselves. The room was very basic but we were out all day long so didn't spend much time there anyway. The room was very clean and had everything we needed such as a bed, a small TV, a table for our belongings, a closet, and a very nice sized shower in the bathroom. The price was also fantastic. For two nights we paid half of what we paid for one night in Paris! I hope to return to Amiens one day and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toddcopper

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is very close to the Cathedral, and an easy walking distance from St Leu, the train station, and anywhere in the centre of Amiens. I had a simple but adequate and comfortable room up on the top floor. My room faced the street but was fairly quiet (although it's near a road that gets busy at rush hours, and once I did get awakened by some revellers shouting outside during the night). The staff were friendly and helpful. There isn't a huge spread at breakfast but you are given plenty: baguette, yoghurt, jam, butter, fruit. Would stay here again if I came back to Amiens!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Amiens is a great little town and the Victor Hugo Hotel is only a short walk from the train station. It is also very close to the cathedral. We were there for a conference and the owner was very helpful. The only negative was breakfast. Didn't think it was worth getting up to eat it so had ate in one of the little cafes near by

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Thanks to TA reviews, I booked accommodation here for 3 nights. Within walking distance to the railway station, the magnificent Cathedral, the main shopping precinct (Rue Noyon) & many restaurants. We were in room 3 which overlooked the street but it was blissfully quiet. Wifi reception was good. Check-in & check-out was smooth, efficient & courteous. The heater was switched on in the mornings & evenings, which I appreciated as it was cool. Extremely good value (49E/night) & thoroughly recommended. We opted not to have breakfast here so I can't comment on that (7.50E extra pp).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Very good value for money, in easy walking distance from the train station about 6 mins away so brilliant for a trip into Paris, The cathedral is just down the road and could be seen from our window. The saint leu area is about 5min walk. A 24 hour car park is near by costing €7 for 24 hours in jan 2014. The owner of victor hugo is helpful and friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bk73davis
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I loved my time here. It is a perfect location for exploring Amiens- minutes away from the cathedral, short walk to the floating gardens and close to the mall and restaurants. A very friendly, helpful host and the rooms were comfortable. I had two nights in a family room on the second floor and one night in room 10 on the ground floor. Both were good, room 10 was slightly cheaper- it was a bit noisier, but nothing too disruptive. If I ever return to Amiens (I hope I will), I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rosie H
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The rooms are small, but that's expected for Europe. Friendly and helpful host. The breakfast for 7E includes bread, yogurt, fruit and cheese, plus coffee and juice.

The location is great - walking distance from St Leu, the Cathedral, 5 minutes from the train station, and a 10-15 minute walk to Les Hortillonnages.

You get what you pay for as the rates are very reasonable. But the furnishings are dated and basic. If they spruced up the bathrooms and invested in newer, fresh bedding, I would probably rate 4 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family