“Fantastic”

Ranked #46 of 155 Restaurants in Calais
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Amazing food, service and hospitality.

Even though it was the first time we visited was made to feel like we had been going there or years. Top notch food.

There are newer reviews for Le Milano

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Ordered right at the end of the lunch session but the wood-fired oven still roaring away along with the pizza base slicer. Nice thin base (the sort you have to pay extra for at Pizza Express). Pizza ingredients very generous and actually full of taste (not like Pizza Hut, for example) - the Roquefort one was excellent.
Friendly staff, spoke English. We were the only ones remaining and there was no attempt to hurry us along. I would highly recommend it and although I have not tasted the Pasta dishes would suggest to stick to the pizzas as that seem to be their speciality.
Looking forward to the next visit to Calais now.

2  Thank tootrocker
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife is choosy about what she eats but she does like italian food. We both decided to have Spaghetti Bolognese and I have never been so disappointed. 2 minutes after ordering it it was presented to our table which immediately warned me that this was a microwave meal. To say it was tasteless would be an understatement.In fairness when we complained we were offered a replacement but by that time I was past caring. My wife was offered a free desert which she accepted and to be truthful she enjoyed. I was not offered a desert at all.
It is obvious that this place specialises in Pizza's as they have a dedicated oven and chef for the job and may be we should have had one of these. However if they do offer other dishes they also should be cooked to a standard as well

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Ended up in a very cold, snowy and empty Calais for the day with 9 school children.
We stoped here for lunch and all enjoyed a lovely meal. The staff were incredibly accommodating and helpful. The pizzas were amazing, all cooked in a traditional oven and everything was very well priced. Definitely a hidden gem in Calais!

2  Thank Sjdavis67
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Very friendly staff, good atmosphere not vastly overpriced.