“Very Comfy Bed”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Calais
Reading, United Kingdom
“Very Comfy Bed”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This was not where I expected to be staying. I thought I'd booked into the Holiday Inn near the Eurotunnel, but I had actually booked this hotel.

I had a queen bed suite, which was more like two hotel rooms put together, but it did have one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in in an hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

I parked in the underground car park, which is not for the faint hearted, as it is very, very tight.

All in all a good stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bill C
Ffnet62, Directeur général at Holiday Inn - Calais, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments.
To give our guests a good night sleep is our job! I am glad we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Patrice Haultcoeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Having travelled the world on business and stayed at numerous hotels over the years, This most definitely stands out above all others. It is extremely well managed all the staff are highly professional, diligent and courteous. The level of cleanliness is beyond reproach and has to be experienced to be believed. I stayed for nearly two months and it was a pleasure rather than an inconvenience. Also walking distance from the ferryport and all the local restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, more traffic but effective double glazing negates most of the noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Patrice62100, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Calais, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Mr Cox,

Thank you for staying with us and for your great comments. I am glad we have met your expectations.
We hope you will continue to feel "at home" when you next stay with us.
Kindest regards

Great Oakley
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and our two sons stayed in a family room. It was clean, and fairly comfy, beds fine - sofa so-so. We had a TV with BBC 1, BBC world service plus ITV 1,2 and 3. There was tea/coffee making facilities and a large clean bathroom. I paid £58 and had the purchase tracked on Quidco via hotels.com for 8% cashback. I would definitely recommend this hotel for cleanliness, brilliant little buffet breakfast and location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank UglyKlown
Ffnet62, Directeur général at Holiday Inn - Calais, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Calais. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

A very pleasant stay in central calais. Very convenient and very kind service provided by the team to look after us all. It was a very hot august night and we all slept well. Great value. Nice views of the harbour area and in a lively area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ffnet62, Directeur général at Holiday Inn - Calais, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.
We look forward to seeing you again...next August?

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I only ever stay in 5* which sounds incredibly snobby! but working in hospitality myself often makes me unfortunately critical more than places deserve. There are no 5*in Calais so was forced to spend a night in holiday inn 3*. I have to say that I think this is a fabulous hotel. The reception greeting was professional, warming and friendly ( young man) with the gift of a bottle of rose, the room, ideal temperature, large and clean... The key didn't work and in 5 mins the receptionist had sorted it out himself by coming up and down the stairs. The bar was good, happy hour exists, and in a good location. The morning we left it was a different receptionist ( a young girl) equally as friendly. The price was good. My only problem was that we tried to order room service at 21.50 from the room service menu but were told tang you had to go and fetch it, this takes away the point of room service!? But that said, I saved myself a hangover ! I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clareStLaurentDuVar
Ffnet62, Directeur général at Holiday Inn - Calais, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for staying in our 3* hotel !!!
I am more than happy you were pleased with your stay.
I am glad that you will come again.
I still need to understand why we were not able to deliver the room service to your room.
I can assure this will not happen again.

Kindest regards

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have used this hotel on many occasions when I drive to the continent both on business and pleasure.
Although downtown, It is convenient for the harbor and only 10 min drive to the tunnel.
There are some great restaurants and bars within very easy walking distance of the hotel.
There is usually plenty of parking outside or around the hotel. The hotel car park is small and the spaces tight for an average size car.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian R
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

May I just inform you that we also have private garages where bigger cars can be parked. Do not forget to book the garage in advance !!!
Yours sincerely

Heath Hayes - UK
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We started using the hotel over 15 years ago for weekend breaks. We returned this weekend after quite a long time and found the hotel had been re-vamped.... even more welcoming and excellent value for money. The manager on arrival was very welcoming and informative. His eagerness to please was past onto his staff and we experienced a swift and polite check in and were soon in our family room ( 504 ) and unpacked. The hotel's location for Calais can't be beaten. Car parking free and safe. Breakfast excellent value and the bar reasonably priced. Well done to all staff - check in, manager, bars and breakfast. We'll definitely be back !! Hint - book early and they have a price policy ( cheapest rooms etc ) so do ask. And there's possibly the best ever market we have ever visited in the square behind the hotel in the centre of Calais. Food, flowers and everything of the highest quality. Great time....

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ffnet62, Directeur général at Holiday Inn - Calais, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Sir,

After reading your comments, there is not much I can say apart from : THANK YOU !

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Patrice HAULTCOEUR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calais
Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles
Ibis Calais
Ibis Calais
#5 of 24 in Calais
Ibis Calais Tunnel Sous la Manche

Been to Holiday Inn - Calais? Share your experiences!