We rented a beautiful 4 bedroom villa which was nicely decorated and furnished inside, all mod cons in the kitchen etc. Each villa has its own pool (cleaned by onsite maintenance once a week) and private gardens, the pool was unheated but you can pay extra to have it heated which I would recommend if you have young children. The pools are all alarmed too which is an excellent safety feature. There is plentiful outside furniture but we only had 2 loungers, although this was not a problem as my parents preferred the reclining chairs. There is shaded parking for 1 car, we had 2 cars in our party and my parents left their car in the car park near to the reception area. The resort is quiet, predominately occupied by families with children, the only noise really is children having fun with their families in their pools!! At the side of the house is a small shed type building which houses all the cushions for the outside furniture a BBQ and a washing machine and tumble dryer which I found an absolute Godsend with 3 kids!! We brought our own towels and tea towels, although you could hire them if you needed to. Bed linen had to be hired and was left inside the villa for you to make your own beds up on arrival! This was my one and only moan!! we paid 3,330.00 euros to rent the villa, 10.50 euros per person for bed linen and a compulsory 125.00 euro cleaning charge, for this amount of money I did not expect to have to make 7 beds up after a long days travelling. By the reception area you can hire bicycles at a very reasonable £13 euro for 2 for the day. There is a lovely shop which sells fresh bread in the mornings and sells frites, pizza and hot chicken etc in the evening, ice creams are also available. There is also a very nice childrens play area/large communal pool/boules area and a lovely restaurant. The main beach in Sables d'olonne is some 2.5 km away, not really within walking distance if you have a family, this area is very very busy though! and we preferred the quieter beaches just on from La Chaume. The Supermaket is easy to get to by car (5 mins), and a short 20 minute walk takes you to a small square of shops (bread/chemist/groceries) We had excellent warm sunny weather with just one day of drizzle which we used to visit the lovely zoo. The reception staff were helpful and spoke a variety of languages. We had a really great holiday here and I would, without doubt, go back to Les Jardins tomorrow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Parcs Les Jardins du Chateau d'Olonne luxury holiday park is an oasis of calm and space in which to fully unwind. The holiday park is situated in forested surroundings on the Atlantic coast, close to Les Sables d'Olonne. The spacious resort offers all the luxury you could wish for- relaxation, pure and simple! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Les Jardins du Chateau d'Olonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Jardins Du Chateau d`Olonne Hotel Les Sables-d`Olonne
- Les Jardins Du Chateau D'Olonne Vendee, France