Ile Rousse Hotel Thalazur Bandol
Golf Hotel(Bandol)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Delos(Ile de Bendor)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach restaurantsea waterfrench rivierahotel residentsstar hotelspa facilitiesindoor poolrooms are greatrelaxing breakfitness centergastronomic restaurantfantastic stayvery nice hoteloverlooking the seaour honeymoonnice breakfastexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We booked into this hotel deciding to pay a little more than we normally would for a room because of previous experience along the coast with hotels that turned out to be rather tacky. We booked a junior suite as we were traveling with our 7yr old son. Luck was on our side the day we arrived, as we nabbed one of three non metered parking spots right out the front of the hotel and upon booking were upgraded to one of the new two level duplex suites that sit perched right above the beach. The room, or should I say rooms, was absolutely perfect. A very modern design, with large 40 or 60 inch flat screens in both the bedroom and main lounge room. Huge 2 story glass doors and windows opening onto a balcony with table and chairs which sits just above the beach some 10 foot below.
The rest of the hotel, lobby, spa, pool, restaurant, etc are all beautifully appointed. And then you have the beach and little bay to play and swim in. It was the highlight of our month long summer vacation in France this year.
Also - for parents... there is a little temporary funpark in Bandol that opens each night in summer. Our son loved the dodgems, and other carnival rides. And we used this as a treat each night. He is still talking about 2 months later.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank McPatterstein
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I happened to visit this small town twice during my business visit to France. This Place is very very beautiful especially for a person coming from North of India (having no beaches nearby). The location of the hotel is awesome and the hotel is really nice with clean and cozy Rooms. The only issue which I faced is that there is no Indian or Chinese Restaurant in whole of Bandol and it is difficult for a vegetarian person to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PuneetBansal20
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Having travelled from the other side of the world, Sydney, Australia...to find our room was not ready at 4pm was an incredibly poor start to our supposed 5 Star experience. Having stayed in New York and London, 5 Star is supposed to be a universal symbol of excellence world wide! Not here at the Ile Rousse, such a shame as the hotel location is simply divine.
After a 45 minute wait in the bar, having been offered a complimentary drink we were shown our room which on the 1st floor "with port & city views" was a blatant lie.. Outside our window is another French building... Wall to wall!!
We head to the pool which is stunning but lacking in any waiters for food and drinks. I then re-enter the hotel to ask for a cocktail menu and to order some food to which I'm told, "I can offer you some nuts as the food starts at 7pm" Maybe my understanding of 5 Star is different but I said, "I've travelled half way around the world and you're telling me I can't have something to eat with a cocktail at sunset.. Okay, I'll order two cocktails then!!" Although delicious, they were rationing the ice... One cube and it's 30 degrees in the shade! Back to the bar with a fake smile, "Could I have a large glass of ice?" Jeez, does 5 Star in French mean make your own drinks. I'm thinking the waiter has picked up on my indignation and has conjured up a cheese plate and a coue of canapés.. "Ah.. Maybe someone has heard of service recovery!"
The fiery dragon in me has started to abate but this is an incredibly poor start to what should've been an excellent part of our holiday.
On a positive note, the bed is very comfortable and treat yourself to the sea view rooms, sadly when we booked there were none left as August is a very busy time in the South of France!!
The optimist in me is still looking forward to our next 2 nights here, I just won't be looking out the window of the room that much...

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Martinbq
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Ile Rousse for a long weekend in th month of March. The hotel has a beautiful situation and the most lovely view of Bandol which was attracting us a lot. The pricing was rather high (very expensive parking also!) but we expected it since it is a 5 star hotel. We also booked 2 days at the Spa to get a bit of relaxation.
We were very surprised to see that the room (Deluxe) was really very small, the bathroom even smaller, so small that when taking a shower the water would end up on the carpet of our room, also the toilet was really tiny, one could hardly move in there.
The TV did not work and nobody repaired it during our stay while we had informed reception of it, the airco was too cold and we could not lower it, or we had to simply stop it, the pillows were really hard to sleep on, happilly you can ask for softer pillows, and the coffee machine was not working well. When I complained about all this after a few days we did not even get an apology from the reception lady. This hotel looks ver nice but the staff and service is very unpersonal, the staff we would meet would be extremely friendly and reapeating endlessly "do you have a good stay with us? If there is anything you would need please tell us we are at your disposal" but nothing of it is true, it is purely a message they have been asked to repeat to all the clients it seems, it is very artificial, what a pity!
The only warm person was the "sommelier" in the hotel restaurant, he gave us some excellent advises and even gave us the address of a very good red Bandol wine producer that we visited after our stay and the lady at the pool who is very enthusiastic and who gives a lot of advise to the guests and loves organising aqua gym sessions, really a nice and attentionate girl.
At the spa it was also very unpersonal and nothing exceptionnal, the lady at the spa reception was really ennoyed and did not want me to ask any questions about special treatments, it seemed like I was asking the wrong person.
Something really needs to be done about the management of this place. This was really not a 5 star experience!

Room Tip: absolutely take the sea view rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ariadnaGeneva
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is a six star hotel...amazing. A wonderful location in Bandol on a fantastic bay, this hotel is classy and comfortable! Rooms are quiet, clean and well appointed. Beach views rooms are a real treat and worth the extra euros. All rooms have coffee machines, nice towels/robes... we had an 'italian shower' which was fine. The beds are firm and there is twice daily housekeeping service. Breakast is excellent - great choice, and wonderful terrace seating! the lunch venue off the beach is an informal grille and is excellent. Beach chairs are managed and organised around reservations. The spa is good, with a great selection of therapies, and an indoor jacuzzi area. The outdoor pool is shallow, and a little on the cold side...but it is so hot in the day you will appreciate it. not many chairs around the pool though...so, when you arrive reserve beach chairs straight away!

Lot of stairs, so not great for older travellers or anyone in a wheelchair. Air conditioning works like a dream, and the front desk staff are great. 30 mins from Marseilles by car, and 1hour 45 from Nice. 20 mins from Toulon. Everyone speaks basic english, and the town of Bandol is a 5 min walk away. THe main restaurant is a gastro restaurant.

We loved it, and it is a very relaxed vibe with a touch of class and modernity. A real six star property!

Room Tip: sea view, upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple