“Superb”

La goccia d'olio
Ranked #32 of 110 Restaurants in Cassis
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Superb”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderful food & service with a smile at this great Italian. I feel I can say this quite fairly having lived with an Italian family for afew years. We were recommended this place by our lovely owner of our boutique B&B - who frankly had us at the best place in and around Cassis!

• Visited July 2014

Downers Grove, Illinois
“One of our best meals in France and clearly the best in Cassis!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food was simply prepared, fresh and delicious. The asparagus with Parmesan and shaved truffles was amazing. Loved the zucchini flower appetizer too. Never had them filled with bolognese before and I didn't think it would work, but it was wonderful. The linguini with clams and lobster ravioli were fabulous fresh pasta dishes both dones with a light touch. Loved the steak with Parmesan and arugula. It came out sizzling which added flavor as the Parmesan caramelized slightly. I am still thinking about the sabayon dessert with fresh raspberrries which completed our meal.

This restaurant reminded me of my favorite places in Italy. The best part was Luca, his mother and their welcoming presence. We talked with others locals and felt like we were eating in someone' s home. Worth every penny!!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MaryLothrop
Cassis, France
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality and authenticity of the food at this restaurant. We were looking for simple, quality food after having some very poor but expensive meals in Cassis. The decor reminded us of many restaurants we visited in Tuscany region of Italy. I was concerned with the bread sticks in a wrapper on the table, but we were both tired and simply wanted a small meal and my husband convinced me to stay. The owner was very pleasant and her son, Luca worked as a server and was very helpful with the menu. We ordered an arugula salad with shared Parmesan, olive oil and balsalmic vinegar and it was excellent. Simple but wonderful. Luca, suggested a red wine from Provence that was excellent. I has the lasagna and my husband had the tagliatelle with tomatoes, basil and Parmesan. Both were excellent and the pasta were homemade. Decided to share the pana cotta for dessert, it was light and raspberry coulis resulted in a very light, excellent end to a pleasant meal. If you enjoy good quality food, we highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cheryl K
Angers
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

What a surprise at two steps from the harbour and the touristic places!
We had succulent raviolis. My wife had the lobster ones and I had the truffle/foie gras, they were just amazing.
The reed fruits sabayon was also a delice!
If you travel to Cassis this is a place you need to visit.

• Visited December 2013
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Just "merveilleux"”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is just simply one the best food you can find on the whole french riviera. It's italian, it's simple yes, but its as fresh as it gets and an the quality of the food is incredible!! i go there frequently and i was never disappointed. Also the presentation is simple and nice, just nice white tablecloth, simple cutlery and yes, white and round! plates and classic easy wine glasses. It's in a nice and quite backstreet. It's family owned and the chef is a true italian. This is just a treasure that has become very hard to find in south of france. the fact that it is italian is unfortunately not by accident. In my eyes the french completely lost the focus and the very nice heritage of their gastronomie!

This is to all the competitors: you have just the nicest products in your beautiful provence but all you serve us is some ugly convenience food and steak-frittes!! and than you serve it in plates that have the form and size of a window bench. the cutlery is a mix between a set of a surgeons instruments and overdesigned milano design award attempt. The unique and regional Rosé you serve in cheap pink plastic bag and the glasses would make look even the murano glass art very easy and calm next to it. The arrangements of the dishes and the unnecessary decorations are just good for a distraction of the food. but this is whats it all about when you go out for a dinner. it's about the food. so please keep it simple and fresh. we don't need distractions and a trying-hard-to-be-trendy-fusion-kitchen.

of course as you can see i other feedbacks la goccia d'olio is not a cheap restaurant, but it's worth every euro. this is what you pay for the freshness of the product, this is what you pay when the chef is getting up every morning at 5o'clock to buy quality products on the markets.

I'll be back soon. Thank you Alfredo.

• Visited June 2013