Hotel de France Maguy
US$103
Average 3/5
US$147
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Royal Cottage(Cassis)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewstrain stationcroissantsbreadperfect locationminute walkroom was cleanmain buildingrooms are smallcontinental breakfasttwo night stayshort stayparking spacetwo nightssabrinahilltownport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2011

OK - so with a hotel in this price range, you shouldn't expect 5 Star quality. Yes - I will agree with the reviewers that the rooms are small, and that the bathrooms are small. But I could say the same of almost any hotel I have stayed in during my visits to France.

This is a GREAT local hotel with excellent, friendly service from the owning family. They even woke us up when we missed breakfast the first day and stayed open so we could eat. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was typical French and anything we asked for, we got.

I travel a lot for business, often staying at Luxury Brand hotels. I would ALWAYS stay in this hotel when I stay in this area of France.

Room Tip: Room 6 has slow internet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raverusa
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This hotel is a short walk from the port (where the village centre is). Clean and comfortable. Air conditioning in the rooms (which can be left on all day as no key card in slot required for electricity). My room was small, and double bed pushed against wall on one side - ok for me as I was alone on this trip, but complicated for two. I didn't see the other rooms but there may be some larger ones. I had a shower and basin in the room, but my private toilet was across the corridor. Only a few rooms like this though - I think most of them are fully equipped. Hotel lends beach mats, towels, parasols etc and use of clothesline. Efficient service.

Room Tip: ask for a room with shower and toilet ensuite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 8 nights. It felt like home. Perfect location with private parking. Quiet, charming and relaxed. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecsouthworth
Reviewed 28 July 2011

You practically got out of bed and into the washroom. There is no place to sit other than on the bed. The washroom is just as small. There is hardly any space to even turn around in the shower. But the place is clean. The owners try hard to be friendly and provide good service although English is very limited. Breakfast is the best part of the stay as the croissants are very good and the baguettes crusty. Good thing is it has parking on site and only a short walk to the waterfront and the beach. It was tough for us because we came from a spacious, beautifully decorated farmhouse in Ansouis (Ferme de la Platane) for which we paid almost the same price as this "room" in Cassis. But I guess it's location, location! and hotels in Cassis are expensive.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rarecat
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The best thing with this hotel is the service! If somethings wrong, and if you need to know something etc... They will help you right away!

The APARTMENT is perfect, with a balcony that has a beautiful view over Cap Canaille. Its clean, has two TV:s and a good AC. The bathroom is modern and has a LUXURIOUS shower.
But there is no wifi in the apartment.

We also stayed in a DOUBLE ROOM for one night (room number 2).
The wifi worked perfect there and it was clean. But there was only shower on the room - no toilette. And the room was extremly small. But it was cosy i guess. If you want a bigger room - ask for it.

If you have a big car you will find the parking of the hotel very small. But it works, and the staff will help you to park if you want to.

If you need silence to sleep you should book the apartment, not the double rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple