“Steer clear if you want good value or a good night's sleep”

Hotel de la Plage Mahogany
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Cassis
“Steer clear if you want good value or a good night's sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Currently lying awake at 1.30am with a really noisy party happening.

Hotel is ok but you have to pay for everything - parking, breakfast etc. The 'private beach' is a rip-off - 12 euros to sit and listen to loud music and eat overpriced food.

Room Tip: We got a superior room with garden terrace - decent size but no fridge or tea/coffee.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fredgruff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hungarian first
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Our room is clean, nice size, good shower, elegantly done with doors opening to r=terraces that have an incredible view right above Same Same Beach. Parking a big problem and walk to town is more than the 5 minutes they tell you but it can all be overcome when you just relax outside.

Room Tip: Third floor is best
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank didyaeatyet
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is located right across the pestouan beach, about a mile away from the city center. We had room #16, with no direct view to the sea. It was spacious enough, and clean, to welcome our party of 4 (incl 2 young children). Staff was nice and helpful, and parking was easily available next door. That counts when the alternative is to hope or a spot on the main parking in the city center.
The beach is a bit secluded, very charming, kids had a great time there. We would def. recommend this place and go back there. Pricing is not cheap, but we felt like it was worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicolas R
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I tried to book this hotel by emailing the reception. I was informed that a room was available and to provide my credit card details. I responded straight away asking to reserve the room and send my card details. I was then told that the room had been taken and that a different room was available. I asked if it was possible to reserve this instead and received no response.
I ended up making a reservation elsewhere. While on holiday, the day after I checked into the other hotel I ended up booking, I received an email from this hotel stating that I had not shown up and that they would be taking the full amount from my credit card and they forwarded on a booking confirmation with that day's date on it!? I asked for proof that a confirmation was ever sent to me prior to the day after I was supposed to have checked in and they proceeded to send some quite rude emails.
I had to call my credit card company while on holiday and ask them to block and attempted charges from this hotel and pretty much spent a whole morning arguing over email with them about this! It may be coincidence but a few weeks later I had to cancel my credit card as someone had copied the details and attempted to use it abroad!
Terrible customer service I would never recommend dealing with these people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LucyHC

Travellers are raving about these Cassis hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed in Cassis for 2 nights and I am so glad that we decided to stay at this hotel.
The hotel is by a small pebbled beach and the rooms offer a brilliant sea view.
The room was small but very well done and the balcony with the view of the sea was what created the magic..
It was a 10 min walk to the centre of the town and was very doable.

It would have been nice to have a mini fridge - however we did not miss it.

The reception staff was very helpful and friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a sea facing room.. Totally worth the extra price..
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystalwaters123
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Whether it is sunny or rainy the ocean view can hardly be more impressive. And the receptionist was nice. But apart from these two positive elements, everything went wrong. We were staying at the hotel during a cold and stormy night, and we did not get much sleep due to the constant noice from a vibrating woodden shield on our balcony. At midnight we had quite a shock as someone entered our room with an electronic key identical to ours. Fortunately we had put on the security chain - it broke, but both we and the intruder were indeed alerted. In the morning we got out of bed to find no electricity, no heating and no hot water in our room. Finally there was quite a draft in the breakfast room. Conclusion: Do not go to this hotel in the winter time. They are not prepared for it.

Room Tip: It would be a mistake to stay in a room without seaview.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Located on a small, quiet beach with clear, calm waters, the simple cafe underneath this hotel serves first class cafe food and wine, no better place to sit. The hotel itself is functional with a good breakfast, a sea view raises the bar incomparably.

Stayed May 2012