Hotel Epi 1959
Hotel La Romarine(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$184
Hotels.com
Pavillon de Pampelonne(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$424
US$385
Muse Hotel(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$712
Motel des Sellettes(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$182
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Ferme d'Augustin(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$688
US$662
Travelocity
Hotel La Garbine(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$232
Travelocity
Hotel La Vigne de Ramatuelle(Ramatuelle)(Great Value!)
US$361
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Hotel les Bouis(Ramatuelle)
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2013

After reading the reviews, I've got to confess that I was a bit suspicious about this place.

It's not terrible, as some reviews say. And it's not awesome as some other state. It's a charming b&b, near St. Tropez, and nothing more.

We wanted to book one of the bigger rooms, but it wasn't available, so we ended up on a smaller room. It was ok, but I agree with some reviews saying that it could use an update. The bed was kind of hard also.

The breakfast was good, not great. Not a lot of options, but everything was fresh and nice.

The location is good if you want to stay on the beach, but you have to rent a car if you decide to move around.

Also, I agree with the reviews that state that the owner was rude with foreigners and lovely with french people. On the first day, nobody helped us with the bags, and we were informed that the hotel restaurant was closed that evening. So I bought some cheeses and bread on a local market to eat in my room, and when I asked to borrow a knife the owner was very rude, saying that I couldn't have done that and that she would only give me a knife if I promised to eat inside my room. After that, I noticed she was always very polite with all her french guests and kind of dry and rude to us.

Another example: On the next day, we wanted to have lunch on the hotel, but we were informed that lunch was served only until 1PM, since it was already 1:15PM, we could only have a salad. After we finished our salads, a french couple ordered a full meal on the same restaurant.

We ended up paying 420 euros per night. Next time, for the same price, I'd try a different option.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Geraldo_Machado
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi 1959, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

You faled your point, as the owner is not FRENCH but foreigner her self!!!

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Where to start - how about with Shahla - the proprietor. She is do helpful, we arrived very late due to travel delays - she made us dinner when we arrived even though the chef was gone for the day. The room was so charming and beautiful, right by the pool and in line of sight of the beach and the Mediterranean. Our luggage did not get out of Frankfurt to Nice with us - but arrived the next morning. The resort is just elegant and so exclusive and private - only 10-12 rooms. We loved it, and cannot wait to get back. Shahla also made reservations for us at Club 55, and dinner in the charming village of Ramatuelle.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LuckyJEDI
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The location of the Hotel Epi Plage is the best you can find in Ramatuelle, if you love to go to the Beach Clubs like we do. Epi Plage is right between Niki Beach on the left and Les Palmiers and Coco Beach on the right side. You step outside the hotel and you are directly looking at the beautiful Beach of St. Tropez.

I also liked the charming style of Hotel Epi Plage. It consists of 7 little boat houses which are decorated very nicely. The pool is beautiful and you can spend a day there, if you want to get away from the Beach Club Party Crowd.

I also found the room rate to be extremely reasonable for St. Tropez, and especially for the great location. We have stayed at much more expensive hotels in and around St. Tropez which where not better, in fact some also not have as nice as this one. If you consider the rates as expensive like some previous reviewers, than you have probably not stayed at many places at the Cote d´Azur.

Also, the lady who is running the hotel was very nice and helpful. We arrived and she brought us immediately to the room without any check in procedure. This was very welcoming after the journey. Also, it was nice, that she spoke fluently German.

We will return for sure and for longer. I loved this place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HolidayLady08
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We spend a long week-end from the 17th to 20th of May in one of the most beautiful place in “La Riviera”.
I didn’t know the place, even though lot of friends has told me that it was “A MUST!”
I agree on that statement and even more, I recommend that lovely Beach-Hotel to anyone. My stay was a perfect experience, in all aspect. The owner, a “Lady” with care and attention to her guest, runs the place with professionalism at the same time making you feel that you belong to this exclusive club. The rooms are decorated with taste, everything is clean and make you feel serene… the whole service, faultless.
It is no surprise to me that most all V.I.P. and International Stars once came in this, like no other, relaxing accommodation of the French Riviera.
I will surely comeback in this, little Paradise.

Room Tip: reserve the SUITE, I think it is room number 9... but double check
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ivan V
epiplage, Propriétaire at Hotel Epi 1959, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

thank you very much for you nice comments.
shahla mauch deyhim

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

The best part of this hotel is the location, it's  on the beach and slightly removed from the beach clubs.
Now on to the rest. Having travelled all over the world and all over France, the service here is the worst I've ever seen.  Homeless people and oscar the grouch on sesame street are nicer than this woman.  From the moment we walked onto the property, we were treated with arrogance and disrespect. Even asking for a taxi seemed like an unthinkable request to her. Breakfast, which she calls "continental" consisted of a bread basket with old baguettes and days old miniature pastries as well as coffee.  When we asked for more, we were given scraps and end pieces, things you usually give to your dog.  The first day, we were actually  given the leftover bread from the people sitting next to us after they left.  They asked us if we wanted eggs and as we thought this was included in the "petit dejeuner" menu, we of course said yes.  We also ordered juice and bacon and was given small glasses and a plate of 4 little pieces of ham. When looking at the prices on the their Internet site and the pamphlet in the room, breakfast is included in the price. We did see extra prices for breakfast items, however we thought this was for guests coming after 10:30.
The hotel claims itself to be a spa. We took advantage and used the sauna which again we thought was included in the price of the room as we did not see it listed in the price list.
Asking for additional things such as tea and food for lunch was an annoyance to her and her staff. She might as well said, "what do you want now???"
At the end,  we went to pay our bill and was again met with disrespect and a bad attitude. When I saw the bill, my jaw almost dropped. We were charged 22 euros for orange juice, 13 euros for ham, 40 euros for eggs, and 50 euros for the sauna. I'm really happy she didn't see me swim in the pool!  When we questioned her on these additional costs and pointed out the unclear price list, she stated "am I supposed to pay for that, maybe you are not the right people to stay at my hotel."  I don't mind paying for these extra things, but they must be transparent and this was not the case here. Even though we paid an extra 180 euros, the poor service is something no one should deal with. As a physician, I've seen it all, but her greediness is the worst I've ever seen in my life, absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed: May 2012