“Better than okay”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Usk, United Kingdom
“Better than okay”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Moules marinières with salad and frites was very good, plat du jour was colin in a creamy sauce with rice. Perfectly acceptable meal; the service pleasant if a bit rushed - but they were very busy. Nice location to people watch whilst sipping the local rosé. But for the fact that there are many, many restaurants in Saintes Maries, I would quite happily have eaten here again.

• Visited September 2013

“Nightmare”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

No way. Orrible service, no menù in english, only when I said: "impossible for me to order ( 10 minutes later) I don't speak franch", the waiter said to me: ok, maybe you need more time!!!!!
Finally an other waiter gave me a menù in english!! Food gone bad: I was very bad for all night long and the day after. Never again

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank magentavf
London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The restaurant was very busy so we decided to try it, food was just OK, however the sea beam was good, shame I didnt have it :( Decent enough but not great. Deserts are run of the mill typical, creme caramel, ile flotante icecream boring!!!

• Visited September 2012
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We visited this restaurant on our first night in Saintes Marie and ended up going back there ever night as it was so good! there are a lot of restaurants to choose from we only tried one other which wasn't quite as good standard as this one.

I had steak which was cooked to perfection, with provencal herbs. Also tried the fish of the day which I think was Sea Bream also very yummy and the wine was also very good.

The staff were polite and friendly forgiving us for our poor french! they do have an english menu if you ask food was bought out promptly and was excellent value for money, don't leave it too late in the evening because it does get quite busy

• Visited July 2011