“one of the best!”

Uster
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“one of the best!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have been visiting the Camargue for 30 odd years and have seen many stables come and go during this time. We have visited Les Arnelles since they began and they have improved steadily. Serge, the owner, upgraded his stable every year with more conveniences for the horses and the visitors.
As passionate horse lover our main goal is that the horses are treated well. Often one sees horses which cannot drink during the whole day. At Les Arnelles they have water and at noon they all receive mash. We always visit at the end of the season and the horses are by no means tired. As there are 45 horses each in turn gets to relax. They also get enough food and don’t have to fight for it (unfortunately not the case everywhere!). Of course we can’t compare the corals there with the one’s we are used to see, they do have more horses in the corals in the Camargue, that’s the way they have them everywhere down there. They might not have as much time for service in high season as they have in low season but they always try to match the horse to the riders abilities. It is not easy for a riding stable to find horses that move forward willingly without overextending the beginners ability. The horses of Les Arnelles certainly know the way they have to take but what would happen with a big group of beginners if not I would not want to imagine…If there is an able rider, they are more than willing to leave the beaten track. All the saddlepads are soft and the horses aren’t saddle sore which sadly often is the case with other stables. During our last visit one of the horses was slightly lame and upon discovery of this was immediately taken out of the group and was not used again that week. Of course the quality of the ride alao depends a lot upon the personality of the guide, they often change from year to year but Serge and Carine always try to find nice and reliable guides.
All in all I would say Les Arnelles is one of the best stables of Les Saines Maries, with well cared for horses, I can fully recommend them.
Thank you Carine and Serge for always giving us a wonderful week!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank CFU

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly, well organized horse tour, in a wonderful nature park full of Nice fauna and flora”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Friendly people, well organized, clean environment, beautiful horses, wonderful park. Looking forward to my next visit.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pbruggeman
Berlin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bad English Communication and Price Trick on the Ticket Booking”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The trip was wonderful. but we were very disappointed of one thing> we booked through telephone with a lady who could definitely understand English but not speak very well...she told us clearly that the price we would pay was going to be the discounted price because we booked in advance with her. Then we arrived there and paid. We were very excited about the horse riding and ignored the receipts. After we returned to Germany, we found out that the price we paid was NOT the discounted price agreed on Telephone. We paid the full price as other people who have not booked in advance. It was very annoying because we feel we are cheated. We tried many times to call them or to write E-mails in English, but they refuse to give the money back. It was very unpleasant experience.

It is nothing to do with some euros, but the dishonesty of doing business is really not acceptable. The horse riding trip was very amazing, but they speak hardly any English and no instructions at all in English. Besides, they ignored our argumentation of asking the extra money paid. This business behavior is very rude, and it ruins its image.

Sorry, i would never go there again and will like communicate our bad experience with others.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Msmoon
Edegem, België
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very good trips!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I booked 2 day trips with them via their website. It resulted in 4 rides of 2 hours (spread over 2 days) with a tasty light lunch (fresh sandwich, a sweet and bottle of water) in between.

The rides were absolutely fantastic. I tried 2 different horses - really good, well behaved, well trained and in fine condition, also the gear. They have real Camargue horses but also other white (taller) crossbreeds.

The girls that accompanied me were nice, and 2 of them even wore a hat/cap.
Their English is not well - but they try! They were all very friendly, and enjoy their job.

I am a regular rider so speed is necessary for a successful trail :) And because of me, being the only costumer that 2nd day, I had the best beach races ever.

For me a day trip is more then 4 hours of riding but I had a great time so I leave it to that.
About the price, yes it isn't cheep. But this might scare the annoying tourist which riding abilities are nothing but terror for the horses (and other riders).

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Babishj
Nice
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Looks good !”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I previously wrote a review "dissapointed" with Les Arnelles, Soon after, I was contacted by the management. They were very professional explaining the mix up and offered us a free coupon in order to finally have that horseback ride. I haven't used it yet, but I wanted to mention their gesture which I appreciated.

Visited March 2013