“A last minute god send!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Le Vieux Vaison

Pizzeria Le Vieux Vaison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“A last minute god send!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrived late and starving on a whitsun Saturday evening at our wonderful rented house in Vaison. Delays on the road meant that we had not shopped and were starving. All the good restaurants were full but a recce party found the Pizzeria who rapidly produced a gaiety of pizzas with excellent toppings and crusts, sold us wine, gave us salads and saved our day.

We bought far too much but discovered, unusually, that these pizzas would reheat in the oven and still be very decent.

Visited June 2014

La Grange, Texas
“Amazing little pizzeria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We actually ate twice at this restaurant. The first time, my husband and I shared a pizza that had salmon on it...sat outside, and had amazing service from one of the servers. The next evening, we dined inside with three other couples. Our server remembered us from the previous evening. He gave us all amazing service again. I believe they really enjoy it when you return...it means you've enjoyed your experience. This isn't a fancy place, but certainly a great pizza, and reasonably priced..

• Visited May 2014
Marseille, France
“traveler, skip it, worst pizza I ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The "Bistro du'O" 50m away was full, so we hit the first one, we found, the pizzeria.
My mistake: not checking the place beforehand in Trip Advisor.
True, it is nicely located between the medieval village and the city at the river level.
They have tables overlooking the city.
But that is all there is to it, and good, but not exceptional, service.
We had a salad and a pizza, rosé, and deserts.
In Marseille, pizzas are close to a religion.
How can I say it? The pizza I had is as close as I imagine them being done in Hell.
The place was packed, and my pizza arrived 4 min after ordering it !
They had laid the dough, spread pure double concentrated tomato from cans on it (with the awful metallic taste it has when used raw), some cheese, and chopped rubber flavored chorizo and merguez (the cheapest type you can get in discount supermarkets).
They baked it too quickly.
I had to make it swim in spicy olive oil to be able to do it.
I was still trying to digest it the next day.
The salad my wife had was par to it. Mostly lettuce, supermarket seasoning, and very few other things to complement the salad (mostly canned stuff).
It is a tourist place, but at least, this is not too expensive.
Its ranking at the bottom of the restaurants in Vaison is well deserved.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank icbernard
Cornwall
“Lovely site - greasy pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This restaurant is well placed above the river looking down towards the archaeological sites of Vaison and we had a really good table in the window.

We had come for a snack lunch and both of us ordered the same, simple vegetarian pizza. The combination of cheeses and pesto left both of us with a green oily, claggy lake on a soggy pizza base. In the end I finished mine, but my wife simply couldn't face hers and left most of it.

A bit of a tourist trap. On market day (Tuesday) we found a much better pizzeria the Bella Napoli, down in the town

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Texas, USA
“Good Food but Very Rude Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The views were amazing and the pizza was good, however the service was horrible. We do not speak French, & my husband & I went out of our way to be pleasant. The waiter was hostile & sarcastic, & every time he walked away he scowled & rolled his eyes. I will admit that the pizza was good & reasonable, but we will never go back. I think our experience would have been totally different if we spoke French, since he went out of his way to take care of the locals

• Visited April 2014