Les tilleuls d'Elisee
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Le Logis du Chateau(Vaison-la-Romaine)
US$88
US$81
Hotel Burrhus(Vaison-la-Romaine)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hotel La Bastide de Vaison(Vaison-la-Romaine)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$231
US$121
Hostellerie le Beffroi(Vaison-la-Romaine)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsolive treeshomemade jamsbreadroman ruinsin townb byogurtminute walkglass of winerestaurant recommendationslavender honeyfrench countryfriendly hostsgreat place to staytuesday markethome madefor sale
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's all already been said by previous reviewers and our experience was no exception. Good location, clean and comfortable rooms with nice views, terrific hosts and breakfast, etc. Parking available for those driving. All in all, a great value. We would stay here again without hesitation (would not even look elsewhere) and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RalphOinTX
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hosts, great rooms, lovely position.
Apart from everything else, we had a fabulous aperitif and a comprehensive and informative session part the wines in the area, including some fantastic suggestions which we took advantage of, and filled our boots! ( car boots, of course)

Room Tip: Book we'll in advance, or you won't get in
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theenglishcritic
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The reviews on this site said such great things about this property I jumped at the opportunity to reserve a room during my work trip to Nice with some vacation time in Provence. Unfortunately, I was detained in Nice and could not travel to Vaison-la-Romaine to honor my visit. I immediately notified the owners of my situation and they graciously accepted my change of plans less than 24 hours before I was to arrive. Although I could have easily did a no-show I feel an obligation to respect those owners who work hard for us travelers by providing good service. In return, the owners of Les tilleuis d'Elisee respected my request to change my plans with graciousness. Therefore, when I return to Provence and the beautiful town of Vaison-la-Romaine I will book a room at this property. Thank you Anne and Laurent for being flexible. And for those of you who book rooms without making a deposit, don't even think of being a no-show!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Juno-Nomar
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This place was lovely even thought our trip had unusual raw wet weather (think 35F and rainy sideways when it had been 65 the week before) in ?November. Things mattered that would not have been important in usual conditions: heat and good wifi:) We spent much more time indoors than normal: one day we had breakfast, went to the market and spent the rest of the day in the beautiful breakfast room which has a view of Mt Ventoux, and a fridge and adequate kitchen for hearing things up etc. Anne and Laurent also have good wine for sale which we enjoyed with our lunch (Gigondas, Vacqueryas)

In good weather, I would have loved to spend time in the back courtyard which has a great view and lots of sweet tables. Also our room looked out over a recently planted olive tree grove, more than 50 beautiful trees.

We have stayed in this area several times, and this is by far our favorite place to stay and good value, too.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lvano
Reviewed 29 November 2013

What a little gem! Encouraged by the great reviews on TA we booked four nights here - and were not disappointed! The welcome from Laurent was warm and helpful. We had not made any reservations at a local restaurant, wanting to see whether our hosts could recommend anywhere. They did; and it took about 10 minutes walk to get there - a bit less subsequently once we knew the quickest way.

The room (Les Amandiers) was well-equipped, with a comfortable bed, a great shower and a lovely view across the town to Mont Ventoux. Being able to use the kitchen facilities (including glasses!) was a bonus, as it enabled us to have a picnic supper in the garden one evening when we had eaten extensively at lunchtime. They were more than enough tables and chairs scattered about for everyone.

Breakfasts were probably among the best 'continental' breakfasts that we have experienced, with three or four different breads, a collection of home-made conserves (delicious), fresh orange juice and coffee - and enjoyable conversation with our fellow guests. These were either French or American, in about equal numbers.

Difficult to fault this. Anne and Laurent were charming hosts. We loved it - and are already booked for next year!

Room Tip: The rooms 'Les Tilleuls' and 'Les Amandiers' are both good, with excellent views of the town and Mont Ventoux.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple