“An extraordinarily charming place”

and 1 more site!
Les tilleuls d'Elisee
Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
“An extraordinarily charming place”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hubby and I stayed for a long weekend in June. We could have happily remained on the property for the entire time, but we would have missed the wonderful town of Vaison la Romaine. Our host and hostess were as charming and accommodating as they could be. A variety of wines were available for purchase, and we spent a fair amount of time outside taking in the scenery and sipping local wines. Our room was simply and beautifully furnished. The bathroom was large and well-appointed. Everything was within walking distance of this sanctuary in the center of town. We are already plotting a return trip. Excellent value!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gordes, France
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed for 8 nights and this B&B was charming. Anne and Loren, the owners were engaging and spoke English which was important for me. The garden was beautiful and relaxing under the trees with chickens and olive trees. A short walk to the center square and Roman ruins. They were generous of their time driving me to the cooking class of Pamela Wells every day. The other guests were very friendly. I will be back. Location is near the cathedral and easy to walk to everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank csapoznik
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Anne and Laurent were very friendly, helpful, and gracious hosts. The grounds were beautiful with wonderful views of the mountains, church, and medieval city. The smell of the "les tilleuis" perfumed the air. We absolutely adored Vaison La Romaine with its mix of Roman ruins, medieval city, and modern lower region. Without hesitation, we would definitely return and would recommend this B&B to anyone considering visiting Vaison.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eliyasq
Texas, USA
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's all already been said by previous reviewers and our experience was no exception. Good location, clean and comfortable rooms with nice views, terrific hosts and breakfast, etc. Parking available for those driving. All in all, a great value. We would stay here again without hesitation (would not even look elsewhere) and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RalphOinTX
Sorrento, Italy
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hosts, great rooms, lovely position.
Apart from everything else, we had a fabulous aperitif and a comprehensive and informative session part the wines in the area, including some fantastic suggestions which we took advantage of, and filled our boots! ( car boots, of course)

Room Tip: Book we'll in advance, or you won't get in
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Theenglishcritic
Boston
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The reviews on this site said such great things about this property I jumped at the opportunity to reserve a room during my work trip to Nice with some vacation time in Provence. Unfortunately, I was detained in Nice and could not travel to Vaison-la-Romaine to honor my visit. I immediately notified the owners of my situation and they graciously accepted my change of plans less than 24 hours before I was to arrive. Although I could have easily did a no-show I feel an obligation to respect those owners who work hard for us travelers by providing good service. In return, the owners of Les tilleuis d'Elisee respected my request to change my plans with graciousness. Therefore, when I return to Provence and the beautiful town of Vaison-la-Romaine I will book a room at this property. Thank you Anne and Laurent for being flexible. And for those of you who book rooms without making a deposit, don't even think of being a no-show!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Juno-Nomar
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This place was lovely even thought our trip had unusual raw wet weather (think 35F and rainy sideways when it had been 65 the week before) in ?November. Things mattered that would not have been important in usual conditions: heat and good wifi:) We spent much more time indoors than normal: one day we had breakfast, went to the market and spent the rest of the day in the beautiful breakfast room which has a view of Mt Ventoux, and a fridge and adequate kitchen for hearing things up etc. Anne and Laurent also have good wine for sale which we enjoyed with our lunch (Gigondas, Vacqueryas)

In good weather, I would have loved to spend time in the back courtyard which has a great view and lots of sweet tables. Also our room looked out over a recently planted olive tree grove, more than 50 beautiful trees.

We have stayed in this area several times, and this is by far our favorite place to stay and good value, too.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lvano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaison-la-Romaine
Hotel Burrhus
#2 of 2 in Seguret
Hotel Crillon le Brave
Hotel Crillon le Brave
#1 of 2 in Crillon-le-Brave

Been to Les tilleuls d'Elisee? Share your experiences!