“Provence perfection”

Cuisine de Provence Cooking School
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I attended Barbara's cooking school two years ago and loved it. We have made the recipes often for friends and for fundraising dinners which we have put on. Barbara is well organized and fun to be with. She is also very knowledgeable about the area and recommended some wonderful restaurants.
We enjoyed the experience so much we came back to Vaison and attended the cooking school this week with new recipes. And next week our friends from Canada are joining us and we are going back to the school for more fun in the kitchen again with different recipes.
After working in the kitchen one enjoys the fruits of one's labours, dining on the patio with delicious wines.
Can highly recommend this unique experience, the recipes are great and the ambiance is peaceful. The gardens are lovely and the view striking. A wonderful way to spend a half day in Provence.

3  Thank June W

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my second time attending Barbara's class. I enjoyed it so much two years ago, I wanted to share this experience with friends traveling with me this time. Another wonderful class with all new recipes ( for my benefit!) was provided by our gracious instructor/host, Barbara. Barbara is organized, the kitchen is spotless, her instruction clear, and recipes are easy to follow. The recipes we prepared resulted in a delicious meal! We all enjoyed visiting with Barbara as we dined on the patio of her beautiful home. She has insight not only regarding local food and cooking, but also has a great knowledge of the area which was very helpful in guiding our activities for the rest of the day.

I have used most of the recipe's from the first time taking Barbara's class many times. I know that I will use the new recipes, as well.

My friends and I definitely feel that this was a highlight of our trip. Obviously, I highly recommend this class--after all, I did return!

2  Thank travelingolfers
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband, adult daughter and I had a wonderful morning cooking with Barbara. We aren't really cooks, but she made it easy for us to prepare an incredible meal. The weather didn't cooperate for being outdoors, but the setting was still great and we ate in her lovely, artistic home, and certainly enjoyed her conversation as well. She directed us as we prepared olive and herb sablés "cookies" as an apero, grilled red pepper soup (which we ate warm), olive tapenade, petite Provençal quiches, a vegetable "pasta", and a gorgeous lemon meringue tarte. What a feast! We have the recipes with clear directions and photos to help us duplicate the meal at home, and we're looking forward to that! A great way to celebrate being in Provence!

1  Thank MindyIndy
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked a cooking class with Barbara while staying in Vaison la Romaine in September.
We certainly agree with the other reviews. Barbara was so well organized, friendly, and helpful. With her guidance, and help from the nice couple that joined us for our class, we were able to prepare a lovely lunch menu. (I now know the proper way to chop fresh herbs!)We enjoyed our lunch and wine while dining outside on her beautiful patio. Barbara persuaded us to take a drive to the top of Mont Ventoux after our meal.We followed her recommendation and enjoyed lovely views and drive to the top. A memorable day! We highly recommend Barbara's class!

3  Thank NWtravelerBellingham
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Barbara's cooking class in her lovely home in Vaison has been the highlight of our week so far. She is knowledgeable, witty, supportive and uncritical, all while giving useful instruction on the preparation of classic Provençal cuisine. Her class is accessible to any interested person, regardless of skill level. Also, the recipes were excellent while still being easy to prepare. We made a chilled red pepper soup, the most delicious tapenade I have ever tasted, petite quiches, zucchini "pasta" with tomatoes and garlic, a tomato and chèvre tarte, and a fabulous peach clafouti for dessert. The class was small (two couples) and convivial. This was a perfect way to spend a morning in Provence, highly recommended. And very affordable!

3  Thank tennismom710