“A Family Friendly Experience”

Auberge la Bartavelle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were visiting for spring break - my husband, two daughters, and me. We dined here for lunch and liked it so much, we returned for dinner the following evening. The food was wonderfully fresh and comforting, with a chalkboard of changing daily fare. It is a small and cozy restaurant. The waiter who helped us both times was a gentleman and very patient with our hesitant French. The chef was also very personable. He helped us with the menu and joked with us, making us feel very welcome and relaxed. Upon returning to France, we will definitely visit again!

1  Thank LivetheWay

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We've eaten here lots of times, and it has always been excellent, and we are very fussy eaters, we like good food. The owner let me mix and match as I don't like desserts much so he let me do starter and main instead. This is where we take people who visit us.

1  Thank sophie2684
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Reviewed 28 September 2012

we have made a reservation there due to another couple that was at the same B&B as we were at that time. When you search the place and find it (away from the city centre), your first impression would be not to enter the place while it is not very appealing.
But... you will be surprised by the level of food you get on your plate. Very fine food, presented in a very modern way at a ridiculous price. This is the type of restaurant that stays in your memory and is on your short list to visit again when you are around !

1  Thank DavyDS
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This gem is next to one of the car parks in Vaison just up from the main place. We drove down to Provence for our holiday on the Friday and decided to stop in Vaison for lunch on the Saturday as we were not allowed into our rental until the afternoon. This was a great way to start our family holiday.

We had a delicious and refreshing cold melon soup with our aperitif followed by one of the more expensive menus. The food was as good as any of the food we ate at any of the restaurants we visited in Brussels whilst we were living there. For starters we had a delicious seafood salad (fish, clams and large shrimp) and the foie gras with homemade apricot brioche followed by fish for the main course and dessert. All decent sized portions so we could not manage to try to cheese platter which looked very nice as well.

My son had a cheaper adults menu that he abosultely loved and there was also a kids menu for the two smaller ones for only a few euros more than we would have paid at a fast food place.

1  Thank Piers G