We spent 4 nights at the Chateau which is very attractive and exceptionally well located with great views of Mont Blanc. The room (31) was spacious and functional-I thought it rather dated and tired but my wife liked the décor as being "chateau-esque". We ate twice at the hotel choosing the menu degustation on the first night which was not very subtle and overall much too heavy. We subsequently had two dishes from the a la carte menu which was very good. On both occasions we dined on the Terrace which is delightful with good service.
Divonne itself is a small but attractive town and worth exploring. We spent an excellent day in Annecy-about 50 minutes from Divonne-and also a day in Lausanne and a day split between Nyon and Yvoire all of which are nearby worth a visit. You really need a car and you will find many crossings between Switzerland (we had to buy a sticker for CHF 40 in order to drive on Swiss motorways).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant XVIIIth century castle is 15 kilometers from Geneva, between Lake Geneva and the Jura, close to the casino, golf and fitness center. This hotel, relaxing and gastronomic stage in the heart of a park, enchant nature lovers with its breathtaking panorama of the Mont Blanc and Lake Geneva. In the dining room of the Chateau de Divonne, you will enjoy the special atmosphere of a beautiful family home converted into a restaurant. Authentic floors, fresco by Jean Debaub representing the banks dreamed of Lake Divonne in the romantic style, family portraits, soft colors combine to create a rare setting near Geneva. The dining room "Duchess Vendôme" is located on the ground floor, windows provide light and stunning views of the mountains. From the first lovely days, the terrace facing Mont Blanc chain is very appreciated for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TravelUp so you can book your Chateau de Divonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Divonne Hotel Divonne-Les-Bains
- Le Chateau De Divonne Hotel
- Chateau De Divonne Divonne-Les-Bains, Ain