We have just spent 3 nights at the Chateau de Divonne in France. This small but very personal hotel is the perfect place to get away from it all. We booked rooms over looking Mont Blanc but only saw it for a few hours due to the weather but that did'nt matter as the views were still amazing without Mont Blanc.
Rooms were exceptionally clean, comfortable and provided fresh linen twice a day.
The staff were truly professional and were keen to please.The service and food in the restaurant was first class...the reception staff were very informative and extremely accomodating they all spoke very good English. The hotel Manager should be very proud of ALL of the staff.
Travelling to and from Geneva airport was very straight forward by car. On our second day
We drove to Nyon and parked the car then took the train from Nyon to Montreux then a bus to Glion and then the cog railway to Rocher de Nay it was a magical day and the transport system is very good. There are lots of fabulous views of Lake Geneva.
Try to include a Sunday if ever you visit as the food market in Divonne (only on Sunday's) is the best I have ever seen.
This area is very quiet and very clean and a place to unwind.
The only thing I would say the hotel lacks is tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms, but Chateau De divonne is truly a little gem tucked away in the French countryside.. but a stones throw away from Switzerland.`
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant XVIIIth century castle is 15 kilometers from Geneva, between Lake Geneva and the Jura, close to the casino, golf and fitness center. This hotel, relaxing and gastronomic stage in the heart of a park, enchant nature lovers with its breathtaking panorama of the Mont Blanc and Lake Geneva. In the dining room of the Chateau de Divonne, you will enjoy the special atmosphere of a beautiful family home converted into a restaurant. Authentic floors, fresco by Jean Debaub representing the banks dreamed of Lake Divonne in the romantic style, family portraits, soft colors combine to create a rare setting near Geneva. The dining room "Duchess Vendôme" is located on the ground floor, windows provide light and stunning views of the mountains. From the first lovely days, the terrace facing Mont Blanc chain is very appreciated for lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau de Divonne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Divonne Hotel Divonne-Les-Bains
- Le Chateau De Divonne Hotel
- Chateau De Divonne Divonne-Les-Bains, Ain