“Authentic and ethnic atmosphere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morjana

Morjana
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gex, France
“Authentic and ethnic atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere inside the restaurant. The colours, decor, smells that surround the room is just amazing!

Dishes were good but my grilled meat platter was a little disappointing because the chicken was completely raw in the middle. The head waiter was extremely apologetic and took my plate away immediately to be recooked. My uneaten chicken and lamb ribs were taken and replaced by a (cooked) chicken and sausage. I was disappointed because I ordered the mixed grill because of the lamb ribs. To find it replaced with a sausage was a little cheeky.

Our table was in the middle of the room with my chair very near to the bar. As a result, my chair was kicked about 6x throughout the night but the waiters were very apologetic though...

2 Thank Foodgruppie

• Arabic first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Healthy Vegan Choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Every couple of months I like to visit Geneva, and I've taken to staying about 15 minutes away, in Divonne-les-Bains - a quiet, peaceful escape from the city.
As a vegan, I am always looking for restaurants that offer 'Healthy' food choices. Morjana does not disappoint. Their simple tomato and cucumber salad is delicate and flavorful, with just the right touch of fresh mint. I always order the cold mezze plate, which is a delicious combination of hummous, caviar d'aubergine (smoked eggplant dip), tabbouleh, ratatouille, and chekcho (vegetables in a base of red and green peppers, onions and spices). I also order a side dish of their wonderful vegan fallafel. Desert for me is a simple mint tea, although they have a wide selection of more exotic deserts. The food is fresh, delicious and prepared to order. The service is impeccable and especially charming is the maitre d' Ali!!.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GigiBijou
Gex, France
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This is a restaurant worth visiting for various reasons:

1) Service: servers are always smiling! That is a big plus for me... A rare find in this area.

2) Deco: nothing to shout about but if you are there for the food... It's worth the visit.

3) Food: gorgeous starters especially the brinjal mousse! The fish main was beautifully cooked, moist, well seasoned.

Would I go back? Most definitely!!!

2 Thank Foodgruppie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive but very delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have been at this restaurant for the new years eve and I would say that the food is just too delicious. The restaurant interior design is very good and the restaurant staff are very friendly. On a down side is that this place is a bit expensive but is definitely worth the price. Would highly recommend the Lamb Tajine.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank indswitra
Essex, England
“Nice Moroccan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The meal was very nice, we had the warm and cold meze starters which were very tasty. I followed this with the mixed kebabs - lamb, beef, shish and king Prawn kebabs.

Tasty food and pleasant service.

Visited November 2013