“Authentic moroccan food served by friendly staff”
Review of Morjana

Morjana
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I brought our two young kids (5 and 2 years old respectively) to Morjana - a restaurant I had wanted to have a sit-down meal at since stopping by one evening for an outdoor ice cream with the kids. The owner is very attentive, pleasant, and hands-on. As expected from first impressions, the decor is characteristic of a Moroccan restaurant, is very clean, spacious and well located in the town. The food is delicious, freshly prepared, and plentiful. Before going in our kids complained about having to go somewhere unfamiliar to them - afterwards they literally skipped away delighted with themselves and their full tummies. My wife and I were really happy with the whole experience.

3  Thank Ger C

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Pretty good and authentic Moroccan food and ample portions. Plan plenty of time for your meal as the service is very slow. Phone service was down, so they only accepted cash.

1  Thank cellist111
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere inside the restaurant. The colours, decor, smells that surround the room is just amazing!

Dishes were good but my grilled meat platter was a little disappointing because the chicken was completely raw in the middle. The head waiter was extremely apologetic and took my plate away immediately to be recooked. My uneaten chicken and lamb ribs were taken and replaced by a (cooked) chicken and sausage. I was disappointed because I ordered the mixed grill because of the lamb ribs. To find it replaced with a sausage was a little cheeky.

Our table was in the middle of the room with my chair very near to the bar. As a result, my chair was kicked about 6x throughout the night but the waiters were very apologetic though...

2  Thank Foodgruppie
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Every couple of months I like to visit Geneva, and I've taken to staying about 15 minutes away, in Divonne-les-Bains - a quiet, peaceful escape from the city.
As a vegan, I am always looking for restaurants that offer 'Healthy' food choices. Morjana does not disappoint. Their simple tomato and cucumber salad is delicate and flavorful, with just the right touch of fresh mint. I always order the cold mezze plate, which is a delicious combination of hummous, caviar d'aubergine (smoked eggplant dip), tabbouleh, ratatouille, and chekcho (vegetables in a base of red and green peppers, onions and spices). I also order a side dish of their wonderful vegan fallafel. Desert for me is a simple mint tea, although they have a wide selection of more exotic deserts. The food is fresh, delicious and prepared to order. The service is impeccable and especially charming is the maitre d' Ali!!.

2  Thank GigiBijou
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This is a restaurant worth visiting for various reasons:

1) Service: servers are always smiling! That is a big plus for me... A rare find in this area.

2) Deco: nothing to shout about but if you are there for the food... It's worth the visit.

3) Food: gorgeous starters especially the brinjal mousse! The fish main was beautifully cooked, moist, well seasoned.

Would I go back? Most definitely!!!

2  Thank Foodgruppie