“Thanks to Mr. Mello” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Beautiful hotel
And the staff friendly
And I like to thank Mr. Mello for helping me
Because I come from a non-reservation
And there is no vacant rooms on the same day
And help me get a hotel for one day
Then stay for three nights with him
And I appreciate these are assistance
The hotel in general very good
And I recommend it for families

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ALOUFI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
brussels
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

I've been travelling in all parts of the world,but I've NEVER had such an experience before; i WAS BITTEN BY FLEAS and when I told the persons behind the counter at 6AM that I wanted another room,they told me in a very arrogant way I was mistaken ,it was impossible in their hotel and it had to be mosquitos. (Un)fortunately,there was a colleague of mine having the same problem and after showing them the fleas jumping up and down,they were finally willing to do something. When I returned the next evening,the same guy behind the counter called me to say they did everything possible (which was just changing the bedsheets) and said he was sorry for not believing me. I told him it was ok because I was feeling very tired and if I could get a beer for a nightcap,upon which he had the nerve to charge me 5 euros for this. Upon my return,I had to desinfect all my luggage (I've a 16 month old baby at home) and was scratching myself for over a week. Frankly,I hope this place will be shut down as soon as possible and I'm wondering if I can charge them for this. I would only recommend this place to my worst ennemies

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank carlobourguignon

Travellers are raving about these Divonne-les-Bains hotels

Aberdeen Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed here for one night only as stopover for Geneva Airport after ten days camping. It was ideally situated for returning the car rental on the French side - 20 mins drive through pleasant country. The whole building was clean and smart looking, the room probably the best we have ever stayed in in France (in the price range). The bed was wonderful. The kitchen corner was well equipped and I was able to comfortably cook a steak supper. I had numerous and varied questions for the receptionist, all of which he answered very politely and helpfully. He also assisted us by printing off our boarding cards from the hotel computer. We declined the offer of breakfast as we were leaving early in the morning, for which a wake up call was provided. A great end to the holiday.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LABAberdeen
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

My wife, brother-in-law and his wife all stayed at this hotel while visiting Geneva in 2009. We were traveling Europe for 3 weeks and stayed in Geneva for 5 days. For the price you pay for this hotel, you definitely get your money's worth! You would spend easily 5x as much for a hotel like this downtown Geneva, and you're just a short drive down the road. The breakfast was great, just be sure to get there early enough before the food starts running out. We had a nice room on the main floor, which was nice but we would've enjoyed being up higher for a better view. That's the only thing we didn't care too much for, which isn't even a bad thing.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SAC5286
Chester, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

Geneva is outrageously expensive. So, my family of 3 adults opted to stay here before flying back to the U.S. at the end of our European vacation. We got a suite for 3 for 110 Euro which was very reasonable compared to hotels in Geneva. The room was large (like a small apartment) with a mini kitchen in the living room and a separate bedroom. The hotel was about a 15 minute drive (across the border) from the airport. We went to Ferney Voltaire looking for dinner - it's a nice area, but dinner selections were limited. For instance, the Japanese restaurant told us the wait for sushi would be way too long. We eventually found a large grocery store and bought dinner to go. We ate breakfast in the hotel for 11 Euro each the next morning. It was just okay. I would definitely stay here again when using the Geneva airport.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sussex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

We needed somewhere close to the airport, as we were picking up friends. This hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes away.

The hotel is on the outskirts of a small but pleasant town (Divonne) which lies between Lake Geneva and the Swiss Jura. The town has several restaurants, bars and supermarkets.

The hotel is large and modern. The rooms are small, self contained bedsits, with a small but well equipped kitchen, good bathroom and french windows. There are electric shutter-blinds which roll down at the touch of a button for security and shade.

There is a large lobby, with a laptop for customer use. The hotel is Wifi'd, but we found that we had to get to the lobby to pick up a signal. Howeber, the wifi is free.

The room was clean, well designed, and comfortable. There was enough wardrobe, eating and work space. Our room had a view over the small car park to a stream. We found the hotel staff friendly and courteous.

There is a bar, which also serves as a breakfast room, although we visited a local supermarket and bakery and were able to have a very good breakfast using the fridge, microwave and coffee maker provided. The town has several bars and restaurants (and a casino) for evening meals or lunch.

To sum up, we found this hotel to be comfortable, convenient and pleasant. I will definately stay again if I am in the area, and would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

Hotel had friendly front desk staff. Was very clean and nice size of the room. Had own central heating and everything you need to prepare meals in the kitchenette. The hotel was very modern with newly furnished rooms. Rooms also had free broadband internet. Location was easy to find with signs of the main roads. Very hard to get to without a car though. It was in a very quiet town with not many things open especially in the weekends.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple