“Surprisingly Authentic”

L'Azzurra
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2013

They were a bit frazzled when we arrived because they open at 7pm and we unknowingly were right on the dot because we had children with us. But hey, it's France where everyone eats late! The pizzas are fabulous and authentic with that thin, crooked crust. I had the fruits de mer pasta and it was literally chock full of seafood - no skimping! Reasonable prices, too.

There are newer reviews for L'Azzurra

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I've eaten here five or six times over twelve years (I visit Geneva for research purposes every few years). Each time I have ordered a pizza and they have been uniformly good and, compared to the price of pizza in Geneva, they have been extremely reasonable. The most recent time, I had a salad, a seafood pizza, and a half carafe of red wine. For the money, the salad and wine were a good bargain. The pizza was as good as any I've eaten in Italy or the US. In fact, the shrimp, squid, and clams were better than most places in Italy. L'Azzura gets crowded because it is such a bargain compared to Geneva establishments.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is a great little restaurant - the staff are super friendly, the atmosphere is great and the food matches it - excellent.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Passing by the Azzurra yesterday, I was surprised to notice a Tripadvisor sticker on the window. Surely this was a mistake, or some kind of prank. I mean, no one would give a positive review to this place, or would they?

The decoration is appalling, worn out, verging on depressing, which is a stark contrast with the friendly and courteous staff. For the price they charge for a pizza, I’m sure they could do a little effort on the refurbishment. This looks at best like a motorway snack, or else a retirement home canteen’s special Napoli night.

Now, as regards the pizzas, I think the owners and cook should really reflect on the quality of the ingredients they use. In essence, this is a poor, cheap and low-quality joint, one that does not do justice to their Italian origins nor flatter their namesake. Less than 200 miles from the Italian border, you would definitely expect something else.

It will be no effort to skip it next time. Because you see, I happen to quite like pizzas.

8  Thank GwenFirenze
Reviewed 29 June 2013

A resident in Ferney since 2009, I have eaten here several times and more often bought pizzas to eat home. Their pizzas are generally good and consistent and good value. Other food, however, is mediocre at its best. Restaurant in itself is very noisy, lot of shouting in Italian. During the summer they have outdoor seating in the yard.