“Food was excellent with great atmosphere ”
Review of Shalimar

Shalimar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Shalimar's location may have you second guessing, but don't- the food is top notch. My husband and I love Indian food and get it all the time back in the states. This was on par with (and in some cases given the details, better than) many establishments back home.

We had samosas, stuffed paratha, palak paneer, and poulet sagwa- All delicious. Sliced ginger on my poulet sagwa enhanced the flavor and I had never seen it done before!

Staff are friendly and speak English. The interior decor is lavish and pleasantly surprising. Try it!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been there several times and I can say the food is always nice and the price is reasonable (around 25 per person for main dish, drink and naan).
The service is good and they speak english and french.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I tried the lunch time thali which at Euro 11 is a deal in this region of Peri-Geneva. I was offered a papadom on arrival. The thali has two non vegetarian dishes, one veg dish and a raita. Comes with basmati rice and you are invited to choose between a plain and a cheese naan. Dessert is included. I was served a delicious semolina-almond halwa. Next time I intend ordering a la carte.
Service was efficient, discreet yet friendly. Portion size was huge. decor as in most indian restaurants abroad is heavy and ornamental.

Will frequent this place for sure.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Geneva is an expensive place if you have to be there for a trade show. France is close and much cheaper. This also applies to food, specially if you go out with business clients. The environment is quiet and the food is very good. We had a couple of curries, rice and shared the food. The atmosphere was great.
The mutton and lamp is excellent.

1  Thank Guntsche
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had food there.Reception was Ok, for two people you get one poppadom and free mango juice,but to my surprise,food came with in minutes after ordering.Then We realizes that the curry sauce used in both Non veg and Vegetarian was the same.Tandoori Roti was so thick.
I asked for onions and was told I have to have full salad.I being Asian, I spoket to waiter in Indian languagge but he replied in English,and at the same time he was talking to another waiter in Indian.Funny.Why was he like that?
I would not recommend this place.It is fine with foreigners,who does not know the true taste of Indian food.It is not cheap.It was congested place and very dark.Too noisy