Citadines Geneva Ferney-Voltaire
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$138
US$134
Median Geneve Aeroport(Ferney-Voltaire)
US$57
  • Bar/Lounge
US$90
US$81
  • Pool
Residence La Reserve(Ferney-Voltaire)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$166
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsapartment hotelself cateringmini fridgelong term stayno english tv channelsan upper floorreception closesreception areabus stopseparate toiletfive minute walklonger staysaturday marketstayed for nightssmall townpublic transportbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel Citadines in Ferney is a good choice for the Geneva Airport, from which it is about a five minutes drive. The hotel itself is comfortable enough, with free wifi, and parking. The decor is a bit dated and needs a refresh though, the carpets in my room were really stained and old.

My only issue with the hotel is that the reception closes between 22:00 and 7:00 AM. This is very odd for what is essentially an airport hotel that should have 24 hour reception. We arrived slightly after 22:00 and were let in by another guest, finally finding a member of staff that still happened to be there by chance that gave us the key.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mogli43
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times of the last few years. Its location in the small town of Ferney Voltaire, is ideal if you are doing business in the Geneva area, but do not want to pay Geneva prices. Its also located very near the airport. Having a small kitchen area I also find useful. There isn't a restaurant in the hotel, but there a several good options within a short walk. The breakfast area isn't very nice, so normally I just had a coffee and pastry in my room.

However, I'm not going to go back again until it has a refit. The decorations are now very old, with the carpets looking particularly old and stained.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingCelt
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Reading the reviews from July 2013 and earlier, I expected the worse. I even brought my own towels and considered bringing my own sheets (but eventually didn't). Upon check-in I found out that I would be staying in building B in a ground floor unit. I was already worried.

So when I entered my room, I checked everything. Surprisingly, the toilet was spotless, the bathroom very clean, and the kitchen sink was shiny.

The bath towels are not as good as those from 5-star establishments but they're not as thin as described in other reviews either. Plus they dry faster so it's good for those who bathe twice a day. The bedsheets were very clean and white. The safe in my room was working.

Breakfast was composed of 3 types of pastry bread (croissants, a choco filled one, and a swirly raisin one), brown toast, french loaves, boiled eggs, 2 kinds of cold cuts, yoghurt, emmental cheese, 3 types of cereals, 3 types of jams, butter, margarine, and sliced fruits in syrup (the only one I didn't try, I prefer them fresh). For drinks there was milk, a juice dispenser (orange and apple), various tea bags, a coffee and hot chocolate machine, and mineral water. I ate there almost everyday for 4 weeks and didn't really get sick of the food.

On 2 occasions, a light bulb would suddenly not work. First it was the lamp followed by the bathroom light. I just had to inform the receptionist of this the following morning and it would be fixed by the time I get back at night.

I can see other people's concern about staying on the ground level and if you want to open your window to keep your room cool, people can literally just walk in through the window. I didn't face this predicament since I stayed during the winter and don't really like the cold, so I kept mine closed at all times. Plus there's CCTV everywhere.

There's a computer and printer you can use for free. A washer and dryer in each building. A vending machine for drinks and snacks.

There's a Dia supermarket down the road (3-minute walk) and a Carrefour further down (plus 5-minute walk from Dia).

This place is very good considering its 3-star rating. I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank chinesemafia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hotels in Geneva are notoriously expensive and not good value for money. Staying in Ferney Voltaire, on the French side of the border, is a cheaper option and Citadines is an excellent place to try. 5 min walk from Citadines are bus links directly into the centre of Geneva ( to Cornavin in about 40 mins) or the airport (in 9mins). As an ApartHotel, each room has a kitchenette with hob, microwave and dishwasher. Supermarkets are
close if you are planning a longer self-catering stay. Optional daily room cleaning and breakfast can provide the hotel feel but you can do it all yourself if you prefer.
My studio room was small but very clean and the bed was very comfortable. All staff were welcoming and friendly and breakfast, although not extensive, had cereal, fruit, cold meat, cheese and excellent French bread and petit fours. I liked the sleepy French town but it won't be for everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The appartment is very nice but I will recommend it for long stay nly. For someone lazy like me that always have hard days I dont want to come back where I have to do everything by myself. But clean and confortable, I can say.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo