“Booked out early as so rubbish”

Appart'City Confort Geneve Aeroport
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ferney-Voltaire
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not at all happy with my stay there and checked out early to move elsewhere for remainder of conference.
Started badly with 45 minute wait for their shuttle bus - which didn't come to the same place as all other shuttle buses.
First room offered reeked of cigarette smoke, despite it being a non-smoking hotel. Smashed tiles around the bath, bidet not cleaned, air-conditioning control not working. Was moved to a different room but only single beds - not wide enough for me to sleep comfortably. Then found that after flushing the toilet the valve jammed so a constant trickle of water but the cistern would not refill. That was fixed while I was having dinner - although the steak had to be sent back, I asked for it "blue" and it arrived burnt!
Breakfast next day was inedible.
Used their shuttle to get back to Geneva airport (Conference was in arport conference suite) but long waits - only once an hour with extended break early afternoon. While waiting for the shuttle several other guests were complaining vociferously at reception about various problems.
Toilet cistern problem started again but finally fixed itself.
Second morning I had to be at the conference early so booked the shuttle for 8:00am.
Got to reception spot on time to be told the shottle had left early without me!
Staff on reception totally indifferent and rude so decided to cut my losses, check out early and find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John W

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We chose this hotel over many others because of the advertised free shuttle to and from the airport. Unfortunately the free shuttle does not start operating that early, and a taxi to the airport cost us €35 each way.
When the shuttle does run, they only offer one pick up an hour.
Staff were not very helpful, and slightly impatient.
Rooms were adequate, but not worth the money- worn, plastic floor lino etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

They gave me first a room that was not cleaned. Then they promissed to grant me free breakfast for this misunderstanding, but they charged me for the cost nevertheless. And I didn't even wanted the breakfast... I had a huge spider in the room, the pressure of the water in the shower was equal with the gravity attraction and the smell of old was all over. I was leaving in Saturday, so they didn't bother to let me know they have no shuttle over the week end. The clerk at the desk just pointed me the bus station, saying there's a bus every 15 minutes. I had to wait for the bus more than an hour, as in the week ends there are less busses; the guy looked at the wrong day in the schedule. I nearly missed my flight...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Direction_Department, Directeur général at Appart'City Confort Geneve Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,
We acknowledge receipt of your comment stating certain disappointments you underwent during your stay in our establishment Park&Suites Elegance Geneva Airport.
We pay considerable attention to our guests’ remarks, as they play an important role in the improvement of the services we offer.
We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you so that you may experience again the quality of our services. Everything will be done to make sure that we meet your expectations.
Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I had a double room, which was quite large for the price. The hotel restaurant itself is adequate, but no more than that. However, the hotel is located in the small town of Ferney Voltaire and has a number of quite good restaurants within walking distance. So I don't understand some of the reviews here which say the opposite.

This hotel is currently my favoured option when I have business in the Geneva area. I used to use the Novotel, but its further out of Ferney Voltaire so it means eating in the hotel. I have alsu used the Citadines, but this now is getting a bit worn and shabby.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

After missing our flight due to a rental-car mishap, we booked the only nearby hotel room we could find. The shuttle picked us up, and drove us back to the Parc & Suites. We checked in, and asked if there was a restaurant in the hotel. "Non." Was there one nearby? "Non." Room service? "Non." So we dined on our touristy swiss chocolate supply and went to bed hungry.

Our room was clearly half of a suite with the adjoining door locked off. Ours was the sitting room and kitchen area, so we had an unstocked kitchenette, and our bed was very obviously the pull-out couch. The mattress was thin and pokey, and neither my wife nor I slept well. We've both been starving students, and slept on many a hide-a-bed, but never paid 130 euros for the privilege.

The next morning, we had a slightly-below-average continental European continental breakfast before jumping back on the shuttle (with a very unpleasant driver who chided my wife for daring to touch the door handle herself -- who knew that opening doors was a specialty skill?!).

Do yourself a favour -- stay anyplace else.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Knallhart
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Its a very nice hotel,, the rooms are big and the view is nice, the breakfast is very good, and its not far from the bus station that deliver to Geneva. I like this hotel, and I if visit Geneva again I will choose it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Qasrawi85
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I arrived at around nine o'clock local time. The so called gourmet cuisine was nowhere to be seen and an inquiry about room service was greeted with a firm Non.The bedroom was adequate but no more. Wardrobe doors didn't close the last hope of food disappeared when I discovered the mini bar was empty and the tea/coffee making faciilties consisted of tea bags no coffee no milk.. After much muttering reception did finally provide me with a hair dryer my one success of the evening. Breakfast was dreadful rubbery scrambled egg and seemingly boiled but cold sausages still in water, fruit salad that had seen better days and coffee that filled half a cup from a machine. At lunchtime cold lamb chops rubbery pasta and disgusting veg appeared to be the 'gourmet' cuisine on offer. I would love to know where the concierge was. I saw the same four staff during my stay three of whom give the impression they would rather be doing something else.All this for more than 100 Euro. Unless you just need somewhere to sleep before or after a flight I would recommend avoiding this 'hotel' I'm sure you'll find somewhere better.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank David G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferney-Voltaire
Campanile Geneve - Aeroport/Palexpo
Novotel Geneve Aeroport France
#2 of 9 in Ferney-Voltaire
Premiere Classe Geneve - Prevessin
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex

Been to Appart'City Confort Geneve Aeroport? Share your experiences!