“Disappointed with the Median Geneve Aeroport”

Median Geneve Aeroport
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Ferney-Voltaire
Reviewed 9 April 2008

This review is a snapshot and not a full account of events which took place during my manager's one night stay at the Hotel Median Geneve Aeroport.

I booked this hotel for a business trip through a reputable hotel booking website. I booked 3 single rooms and a meeting room. I received a fully paid invoice from the hotel booking website. My manager and the other two guests arrived late evening at the hotel to find they did not have rooms. I had been in regular email contact with the hotel regarding the meeting room booking. I had confirmed the bedroom bookings and gav e them the names of the 3 guests.

The night manager was most unhelpful and went home at 11.00pm leaving my clients trying to sort out where they would stay. There was one room available which the male client took. The security man helped the two ladies to find a room at the Holiday Inn. This was a suite with one bedroom and a lounge. This meant one lady had the bed and my manager slept on the floor in the lounge.

To top it all the next day the hotel insisted they pay for their accommodation again. I spent most of that day trying to sort this out with the company I had booked with. At one point I had a phone to each ear. I was on hold while the hotel booking company was talking to the hotel manager and on the other ear my manager, on her mobile, stood at the hotel reception desk. I could hear what was being said and the problems my manager was experiencing. Eventually the hotel agreed that the only thing to pay for was the meeting room.

I would not under any circumstances book this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2007

Booked online through Travelocity and thought that it was a good deal for a one night stay for Geneva airport. We got into Geneva at 10:30pm and contacted the hotel for shuttle service. Turns out that it only runs from 7:30am till about 10:30pm. That was unexpected and a taxi costs 25-30 Swiss Francs. The hotel itself is certainly not a three star hotel. It is old and worn-out. The bed was hard and springy at the same time. I would not book it again. We had to leave the next morning at 7:00AM and, of course, they didn't have a shuttle. I asked if they could help out and was greeted with, 'I'll see what I can do', which meant; forget it. The saving in the price of this hotel is lost if you have to take taxi.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2007

As all the hotels around Geneva were booked, I was kind of obliged to go to the Median, but I was quite confident because it was a three-stars hotel. I would have never guessed that I was so wrong about that ! Although it was pretty well-located, the room was way too small, it was dirty, the staff was not very professional (they once asked me if I was not supposed to be gone already ?!), and the cleaning lady did not do her job properly ! Honestly, if you can, avoid to go there, I think it's worth staying in a hotel located a little bit further from Geneva...

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank swisslawstudent
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I stay regularly in the Geneve airport area for business. As all other hotels were booked out this week, I was booked into the Meridian hotel which is located just on the other side of the border. I should have stayed 3 nights, but after one night checked out. It is the worst hotel I have stayed in for a long, long time.

The place is sadly neglected, the decor is faded. The room I was filthy - the carpet was 'sticky' and looked like it hadnt been hoovered in several weeks and there was dusty on the furniture.

Also, there seems to be minimal sound insulation. Which makes for not a good evening, as the hotel is at the end of the runway.

I can only presume the current owners are milking it as a cash cow - at 80 Euros a night, not a bad little earner.

Avoid this place unless you are desperate. There are much better options for a similar budget.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank TredZurich
Reviewed 12 September 2007

I often stay in the Geneva area, and I stayed at this hotel a few times 5-7 years ago. Since then it has gone significantly downhill. The room was quite shabby and needed remodeling. Not all the lights worked. The bed sagged. The room was so small that it was impossible to pull the chair back from the desk far enough to sit.

The hotel is sandwiched between the airport and a supermarket parking lot, and so it is very noisy. I ran the A/C all the time just to drown out the noise, even though the weather was gorgeous and I would have preferred to have the window open.

The elevator was very slow, and jerked and jumped so much that I was afraid to use it after the first time. I took the stairs, but on the ground floor the stairwell was cluttered with so much junk it was not easy to enter, and seemed quite a fire hazard!

The staff was reasonably helpful and spoke enough English to handle a normal check in/out. I did not eat at the restaurant.

I had a rental car, and so getting to/from the airport and my other destinations was no problem.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2007

My husband and I only stayed in this hotel for about 5 hours before catching a plane out of Geneva - and that was long enough.

We didnt want much, just a place to get our head down. The room was dirty, there were stains on the walls, our view was the rubbish bins in a supermarket car park and the beds and pillows were uncomfortable.

In addition the man on reception was most unhelpful when we asked him to call us a cab, insisting that there wouldnt be any avaliable until 6 in the morning....next to an airport?!?! So i had to resort to telling him i'd do it myself and guess what, a miracle taxi is available.

I know its only cheap but this place was awful. i'd defo reccomend staying else where!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2007

We stayed one night at the weekend rate of 65 euros without breakfast. That's about what the room was worth. It was clean, the water was hot, the bed okay. Small room but it didn't matter, we just slept there.
It is so close to the French Sector of Geneva Airport, that little else mattered. The convenience in the morning outweighed everything.
The check-in staff were friendly, they supplied extra cushions, and let us store our French cheese purchases in the hotel refrigerator with no problems.
The room was hot, so we just switched off the heating and opened the window. Luckily, the airport closes down at night so there is no noise till 6 in the morning when take-offs begin again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank jon-dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferney-Voltaire
Campanile Geneve - Aeroport/Palexpo
#4 of 6 in Cointrin
Citadines Geneva Ferney-Voltaire
Citadines Geneva Ferney-Voltaire
#3 of 9 in Ferney-Voltaire

Been to Median Geneve Aeroport? Share your experiences!