Median Geneve Aeroport
  • Pool
US$68
US$66
Travelocity
Residence La Reserve(Ferney-Voltaire)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$129
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2007

We stayed one night at the weekend rate of 65 euros without breakfast. That's about what the room was worth. It was clean, the water was hot, the bed okay. Small room but it didn't matter, we just slept there.
It is so close to the French Sector of Geneva Airport, that little else mattered. The convenience in the morning outweighed everything.
The check-in staff were friendly, they supplied extra cushions, and let us store our French cheese purchases in the hotel refrigerator with no problems.
The room was hot, so we just switched off the heating and opened the window. Luckily, the airport closes down at night so there is no noise till 6 in the morning when take-offs begin again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jon-dan
Reviewed 6 July 2006

This is an average three star hotel.

I stayed at the Median for four days in July, 2006. The price was 79 euro per night. The desk staff and chef were all quite young (20s) and very pleasant and helpful.

The Median is about 1,000 feet off the main road. A landing strip for the airport is out of sight beyond a park behind the hotel but my room had sound proof windows and noise was not a problem. The Centre Ville is ¾ mile farther on and has a couple good restaurants.

The hotel may have been recently renovated. The previous negative reviews of the condition of this hotel don’t reflect what I saw. The floor I was on appeared to have been recently painted and redecorated. My room was quite clean as was the rest of the hotel that I saw. The carpet in my room was a tad tired but did not seem dirty. There were plenty of lights in the room. The bathroom was a comfortable size and had a tub with a shower. The television set was on top of the armoire and the only comfortable position from which to watch it was lying on the bed. All ten TV channels were in French. The bed was good.

The hotel has a restaurant that serves dinner and the food is wonderful. There’s a buffet breakfast for an additional charge. No lunch. There is no dinner served on the weekend and no sign to let you know the restaurant will not be open.

There was a pretty high charge for use of the telephone which cost, I think, ½ euro per minute. There is a computer with Internet in the lobby. It’s pretty expensive too. I wasn’t used to the French keyboard and spent half an hour typing a short e-mail. I never have found the @ on the French keyboard or figured out how to get to some of the symbols under the numbers! I was also frustrated to find that when I went to expedia.com the site was in French and I couldn’t figure out how to get to the English site. Meanwhile my bill for Internet usage was mounting up and up.

The hotel is about ¼ mile from the Swiss border, and the car ride to the airport takes 5 minutes or less. The hotel has an airport courtesy car but it is not available on Sundays. Taxi costs about 20 euro to the airport.
There is a city bus, with a convenient bus stop, that you can take to the main train station (Gare Cornavin) in the middle of Geneva from which it is just a five minute walk to the lake. The bus ride costs about 3 euro and takes 25 minutes. It runs at least once an hour and several times an hour during rush hours. You can buy your ticket on the bus using either euro or Swiss francs.

I was quite content staying at this hotel and would stay there again if travels take me again to Geneva. For the price, you can’t beat it.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank Spirit
A TripAdvisor Member
Rome Italy
Reviewed 26 January 2006

Very simply:
- dirty
- non sound proof and near a runway
- ugly room
- 17€ for internet connection (20$)
- telephone there but only connected upon request

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 12 October 2005

I needed a hotel near the airport, and since this one is called "Geneve Airport" I thought it would be convenient. My mistake. Because it's on the border, on the France side, the only way to get there is a 25Swiss Franc ($20) taxi ride. No buses will take you there. The carpets in the hotel look like someone dropped bleach all over it! The internet at the hotel is absurdly expensive (3Franc/ 15 minutes!!).

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 September 2005

We stayed for one night in Septmber, 2005, because we had a return flight to the US the next morning. Our room overlooked a busy supermarket parking lot that was very noisy. The room was very cramped even by European standards. (This was our fifth trip to Europe.) The shower was positively tiny with a curtain arrangemet such that a wet bathroom floor was inevitable. Another reviewer, who was upgraded, may have gotten nice toiletries; we got tiny foil packets of liquid soap. We found a used Kleenex in our bedding. The bottom sheet of the bed is spread over the pillows, obviously to avoid the need to use pillow cases, because there are none. The hallway carpet was utterly filthy. The room air conditioner was locked in at a high temperature and could not be adjusted. The staff was totally unable to help us with information about the location of rental car returns, etc., even though this is an airport hotel. The courtesy shuttle to the airport advertised on their web site was "not available." The dinner food at the hotel restaurant was good enough and reasonably priced, but the service was a mess. Breakfast is not included, and is overpriced at 12 Euros pp for a typical 2-star hotel cold buffet. This is a 1-star hotel with a 3-star rating that it does not work to keep. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2005