“Excelent choice for an overnight before a flight with a decent price”

Campanile Geneve - Aeroport/Palexpo
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ferney-Voltaire
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The room is not big but very clean.
The bed is very comfortable.
They have in the room 2 cups and a small kettle to warm water and make coffe in the morning. Was great for us since we had a very early morning flight.
Very welcoming and helpfull staff

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Eerz
There are newer reviews for Campanile Geneve - Aeroport/Palexpo

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Basic hotel. If you need to stay for 1-2 nights. This hotel is a good choice. It is near Geneva airport and room prices are affordable.

Walls in the rooms are thick. So, you should get a quiet sleep, even. if neighbors are a little bit noisy. Bed was ok.

Overall: 3/5. Solid choice, for those who come to/from airport and just want to get a good sleep and carry on their trip next day.

Room Tip: Call the hotel, if you come after 23.00. You will be given security code. In the morning they will...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2011

When you are in the luggage claim area, take a free bus ticket and go to the bus station a level up the railway station. Take bus to Ferney (line Y) and go to the Ferney terminus. The hotel is about 20 minutes walk . The rooms are correct for the price. Beware: for a late check in (after 11:30 PM), ask for a code to enter in the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Gedeon88
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We chose the hotel for a week-long visit to family in Ferney and I would book it again, given that our requirements were very basic - somewhere clean and quiet with hot water!
For a two star hotel it's fine - having read the review of other travelers and compared it with our experience I think that it's important to have realistic expecations to avoid disappointment.
We found the staff friendly and helpful, given that my French is atrocious, but most of them did speak English.
The food is not great, we ate breakfast once and I thought it pretty good value if less than exciting (lots of different types of carbohydrates and rather industrial looking sliced ham but also yoghourts and fresh fruit) but the dinner was dull, poorly executed and expensive. The outside dining area is very attractive and nice to sit out there with a drink after a day sight-seeing.
The rooms are simple but clean. Since we were two people a staying a week I brought extra hangers as 2-star hotels usually provide only a few. The kettle and coffee was a nice touch - and you can actually taste the butter in French Petit Beuree biscuits! We had a room at the back of the propertly which meant we were undisturbed by comings and goings.
We also encountered a problem with the taxi driver going to the airport but I don't hold the hotel responsible for this. The taxi meter was in swiss francs and I had only euros left. The driver insisted on a rate of exchange of 1 franc to 1 euro which was about 20% to his advantage. It's annoying but obviously something that goes on when crossing borders - just be prepared by keeping enough francs. There is a bus which runs twice an hour (timetable on the Geneva airport website) but it doesn't stop outside the hotel so if you have any amount of luggage take into account that you'll need to walk or take a local taxi within Fereny.

Room Tip: We had number 43 which is in the ground floor row, facing away from the car park and very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoniaGourevitch
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We were in Geneva for a conference. It was peak season and most hotels were so expensive. A colleague suggested we cross over to France. That's how we ended up at Campanile- asmall hotel near the french boarder. The rooms were nice and not that expensive. The staff were friendly though they speak mostly french. The surrounding environment was good.

While there don't miss to visit ferney voltaire town and if your stay stretches to the weekend, dont miss the saturday market.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed here the night before catching a flight from Geneva airport. It has a great location only a couple of minutes drive from the Airport.

The room was fine and clean with complimentary coffee making facilities (a nice and unusual touch) I got a good night sleep until about 7am when there was a lot of noise heavy outside. Later a member of staff asked me how things were and I mentioned the noise but he suddenly could not understand "noise" or any of my explanations of what the term meant despite being able to speak English before and after that particular part of the conversation.

I found the food in attached diner fairly poor and bad value for money-- especially the breakfast. Also, the carpark filled up in the evening and we barely got a space.

Having said all that, I would stay there again if catching a flight from Geneva.... but I'd eat out!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stranger10
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I staid there one night in June 2011 to take an early flight out of Geneva airport. I thought it would be cheaper than staying in Geneva. I had check that there were buses from the French village where the hotel sits (Ferney-Voltaire). So when I arrived I enquired with the receptionist where to find the bus stop. She told me point blank "Sir, there is only one bus per hour". I took it for granted, although I was surprised. "But I can book a taxi for you, if you want". And she insisted "shall I do it right now?". Only the next morning did I realize what this actually meant. She had called in a Swiss taxi that drove me to the Swiss side of the airport (a trip 2 km longer) and charged me 29 CHF (for a trip of 4 km or so) which he converted at the ludicrous rate of 1 Euro = 1.10 CHF (when banks in the airport then applied 1.17). Besides, I later checked: there are a bus from Ferney-Voltaire to the airport every 30 mn, and a local taxi (as opposed to a Swiss one) charges only 20 CHF. Who's taking advantage of the clients here? I sent an email to the Campanile website asking for an explanation and got no response. I am asking again what's going on there?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Engelbecken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferney-Voltaire
Novotel Geneve Aeroport France
Ibis Geneve Aeroport Hotel
ibis budget Geneva
ibis budget Geneva
#4 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Campanile Geneve - Aeroport/Palexpo? Share your experiences!