“Very good restaurant, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Karma Lounge

Karma Lounge
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Very good restaurant, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I'm not fan of exotic any spicy foods, but I would say I was extremely surprised by the food at this restaurant. I went there for lunch with a large group of colleagues. We ordered various stuff. We get served quickly and the food was really excellent. The service is very good. Waiters need to smile a bit!

• Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Gex, France
“Nice atmosphere with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This is a good place to go to for a nice night out with friends if you are looking for a casual, relaxed atmosphere.

Staff were polite and attentive and we did not wait too long for the food. The dishes ordered ( 1 chicken, 1 prawn, 1 beef, 2 veg dishes) were very tasty but not 'out of this world'!

We ordered 'very spicy' but dishes turned out low to medium spice.

North London
“Great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We ended our ski trip with an overnight stay in Geneva to catch an early flight home the next morning. So when my friends suggested an Indian in France, I wasn't sure what to think. Surely the best Indian restaurants are found in the UK (outside India!). We booked a table through our hotel and arrived on a Saturday night at 9.30 and the place was full and busy. Orders were taken swiftly, lovely bottle of white wine (cheapest on the menu and very good) and the food was delicious. We had a lamb, beef and chicken dish, the chickpea and spinach veg dishes. And it was really tasty, authentic and spice. All in all very good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ScorpioLondon57
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food, price ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This restaurant is run by the same people who run the Nirvana lounge in nearby Meyrin. The menu is the same as at Nirvana, but the prices are a little cheaper, even when you convert between euros and Swiss francs. I guess this is because Ferney-Voltaire has other Indian restaurants and so they must keep the price lower due to competition.

We were a party of 3, 2 omnivores and 1 vegetarian. We ordered:
-Lamb biriyani
-Karahi chicken
-Side dish of dal
-Side dish of eggplant curry
-Side dish of okra curry
-Plain rice, and garlic and plain naans
-I had a lassi to drink

My vegetarian friend ordered side dishes and rice instead of a main meal. Their menu says you aren't allowed to do that, but in principle I think they allowed it because we ordered a lot of things. She liked that they let her do this because she got to taste several different dishes. She enjoyed all of her veggie dishes, but I didn't try the eggplant or the okra.

I tried the biriyani, the chicken and the dal. The biriyani was good, although the lamb used was a little bit fatty. I prefer biriyani with mutton, but you don't find that in restaurants here. The karahi chicken was excellent. The dal was tasty, but was just usual dal. Naan was good, as was the lassi.

Overall I would say the food quality was excellent, especially considering the standard available in the area. The food at Karma lounge was similar (not surprising) to that at Nirvana, maybe it was just slightly better. That fact + the lower prices mean that this is now my new favorite Indian restaurant in the area. Our cost was about 25 euro per person, which is not at all unreasonable for a meal in a restaurant in or near Geneva.

The service was fine, but a little funny. When I ordered a regular sweet lassi, the waiter repeated it as "mango lassi." I corrected him, and he again repeated back "mango lassi." Ok, I didn't try again, just waited to see what would happen. He brought the correct drink, to my surprise. Then at the end of the meal, when we wanted leftovers packaged for bringing home, we asked for the vegetarian stuff separate from the meat items. Again, we didn't think that the waiter understood, but in fact the dishes were packaged separately as we had asked. So, while it seems that there may be potential for some communication problems with the staff, for us everything turned out ok in that regard.

The ambience of the restaurant is fine, I like it a bit better than the other Indian restaurant in Ferney, Shalimar. But I think that Nirvana lounge has the nicest ambience of all of them. It is, like most Indian restaurants here, and as you might expect for a place with "lounge" in the name, a bit dark inside, with the sense of trying to be dramatic.

• Visited January 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“Enjoyed it a lot, and it is not our first time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We are quite regulars over there, even when sometimes we attend other Indian restaurants around here. If not cheap, it is not unreasonable for the area and definitely good food, fun kitschy décor and competent service.

Visited November 2013