“Hygiene & food safety standards not respected!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hygiene & food safety standards not respected!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had lunch at Le Patriarche in May and unfortunately our experience turned out to be very disappointing! The three of us were SICK a few hours after having had a couscous! Moreover, after having seen the kitchen staff's appearance...we might not have chosen Le Patriarche as a restaurant on that day! The kitchen staff seems not to respect ANY hygiene standards, both, from a physical aspect of the chefs as well as when considering the cleanliness of the premises! In short, I would not encourage anyone to have a culinary experience in that restaurant and would definitely NOT go back! People with NO experience in the food service industry, should not harm others by serving poisoned food!!

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank DNkm

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“The worst food I've ever eaten in France”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

I didn't have a great feeling about the restaurant but decided to stay anyway, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I wasn't. The restaurant looked neglected. The menus were worn and soiled. The waiter's clothes were grubby. There was only one other table occupied. The food was practically inedible. I had a salad to start and cous-cous legume for the main course. The salad was limp and uninspiring. The cous-cous smelt rank and I left most of it. Interestingly, Le Patron didn't ask if I'd enjoyed my meal. He really didn't care. There are many better restaurants in Ferney.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WJP P
Dublin, Ireland
“Hiding in plain sight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

The small sign says the restaurant is on the first floor. It is..but food is available throughout the ground floor bar and street seating. First visit was on the bon voyage evening for their chef. Food was incredible. Chicken breast, vegetables and pommes frites.
We ventured up to the iron circular stairs to the 'restaurant'. Small room with around 30 seats. Windows open to the fountain and street area. I imagine that it can be crowded if fully occupied but on most visits it has been cozy with a middle size patronage. Food quality has returned to the standard of the chef mentioned earlier. Value - a big issue for me - is very good. They even offer vegetarian dishes. Menu is well balanced and all my experiments have been proven successful. Make the climb and enjoy a meal.

Visited October 2012