Appart'City Geneve Gaillard
Atalante Hotel(Annemasse)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel La Place(Annemasse)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The hotel is good value for money, but it was old and tired. There is NO free tram service you have to pay. The secure underground car park they charge at 9 euro per day, the lighting in the garage is very poor, but the car is secure with passworded entry.
The buffet breakfast is not bad,its 13 euros, the food runs out quickly and sometimes takes a while for them to replenish.
The Staff are nice and helpful,they also speak English.
The rooms are old and tired, the aircon never worked, shower curtain was old,badly in need of upgrading.
The surrounding area is not great but perfectly safe, great Chinese restaurant 100 metres away (Peking).
Tram is 500 metres away same direction.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the front of the hotel,great view of the mountains
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Stayed for 6 weeks in December and January. Because of the cost of services appartments in Geneva, this seems like good value.

The room bears no resemblance to those shown on their website. They are dingy and dark. There were numerous stains on the carpet. On numerous occassions, the corridors on my floor smelt as if some of the residents enjoyed smoking a bit more than cigarettes.

The sheets provided were extremely thin, making for a cold night, and the aircon/heating isnt adjustable (doesnt work).

In my time i had two rooms in the hotel, both had safes, neither of which actually worked.

From time to time, drippings sounds from rooms above made sleep particularly difficult.

They advertise ADSL internet. It's pretty much unusable during the week when there are a lot of guests (1 minute+ to load a basic web page), although over the weekend it became almost usable. There was a notice in the room that explained that they were trying to improve this, but an earlier revierw from over 1 year ago mentioned exactly the same notice.... Obviously they're not trying that hard.

When I moved in, as the stay was for longer than 28 days, they also wanted a deposit of 700 euros. Despite the fact that they completed an inventory on my departure and noted that the room was in perfect condition, they informed me that the deposit could take anything from 3 weeks to 4 months to be returned! They refused to give me the head office details when I asked for them to complain about this, and insisted that any complaints go through this Gaiilard office.

Moral of the story.. If you can put up with all the above and dont mind roughing it, them by all means stay there.. the prices are very good value compared to Geneva. If on the other hand you prefer not to live in what is essentially a run down student dorm, then try looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I stayed for a month in the Park & Suites Appart-Hotel Elegance for 50 euro a night for a two room apartment. Short stays are more expensive. It was the perfect sleepover spot for me, close to work, 10 mins walk to border followed by a choice of three trams anywhere in Geneva within 15-30 minutes. It's rather dull brown decor rather than Elegant, but all I wanted was a place to sleep & cook some of the produce from the Saturday local Savoyard farmer's market.
They have free wifi internet access but it's very slow, OK for email not for Skype.
They have a laundry facility in house but the dryer is underpowered and you're better going to the laundry next door. A supermarket across the street, dry cleaner, boulangerie, flower shops etc, all cater for your needs.
I'm going back next month. If I was staying there longer I might look around for an apartment in Geneva but I've read about hassles with landlords and estate agents and just want one less problem to handle.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2010

The hotel itself is ok, but do not confuse it's location with the one close to the airport - this costs e70 by the hotel's taxi to the airport or just e50 if you hop in a taxi off the rank. It advertises on the website as 24hr reception Monday to Friday, however, when my flight was delayed and I arrived at midnight, there was no one to check me in - or let me into the hotel. The phone number outside didn't work and the woman who answered the phone number that was inside reception, was very rude and unhelpful. Luckily, one of the few helpful French men in existence assisted me and I finally got the safe code, where my key was thankfully waiting!
If you don't want to be near the airport, and you're checking in within business hours, hotel would probably be fine. (apart from the hair in the bed)..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September 2010 and were completely disappointed. Although the reception area appears to be lovely (new and clean), the rooms are in stark contrast. It was initially smelly and on closer inspection was poorly cleaned and maintained. The shower tiles were mouldy, the tap discoloured and the curtain filthy. The kitchen area was similar, cutlery, plates etc all dirty. The bed was poorly made and the room needed a fresh coat of paint everywhere.

Although the reception staff seemed pleasant enough, when we had breakfast on the final day, we were disappointed even further. In addition to a dead bluebottle in the muesli, there was hair on the cold meat. On mentioning this to the member of staff they merely said 'I better be more careful in the future'. Thankfully, the reception staff took a better approach and did not charge us for breakfast.

The room itself is large enough and the bed comfortable, unfortunately, our enjoyment had already been tainted.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the tram line to the centre of Geneva so in total it only takes about 20 minutes. There is a couple of local supermarkets and an excellent Japanese restaurant where we had a fabulous dining experience (see photos).

If your going to Geneva and expect the high standards such a city demands, we would recommend a different hotel. Geneva is a great city to relax in with numerous parks beside the lake.

P.S. Beware of the hustlers at the road bridge next to the Fountain. An organised group of about 6 people do a hiding ball trick and ask you to bet which tin the ball is hidden under. We straight away so it was a scam and moved on only for a fight to break out a few minutes later......

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple