Appart'City Geneve Gaillard
US$118
US$111
US$67
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in September 2010 and were completely disappointed. Although the reception area appears to be lovely (new and clean), the rooms are in stark contrast. It was initially smelly and on closer inspection was poorly cleaned and maintained. The shower tiles were mouldy, the tap discoloured and the curtain filthy. The kitchen area was similar, cutlery, plates etc all dirty. The bed was poorly made and the room needed a fresh coat of paint everywhere.

Although the reception staff seemed pleasant enough, when we had breakfast on the final day, we were disappointed even further. In addition to a dead bluebottle in the muesli, there was hair on the cold meat. On mentioning this to the member of staff they merely said 'I better be more careful in the future'. Thankfully, the reception staff took a better approach and did not charge us for breakfast.

The room itself is large enough and the bed comfortable, unfortunately, our enjoyment had already been tainted.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the tram line to the centre of Geneva so in total it only takes about 20 minutes. There is a couple of local supermarkets and an excellent Japanese restaurant where we had a fabulous dining experience (see photos).

If your going to Geneva and expect the high standards such a city demands, we would recommend a different hotel. Geneva is a great city to relax in with numerous parks beside the lake.

P.S. Beware of the hustlers at the road bridge next to the Fountain. An organised group of about 6 people do a hiding ball trick and ask you to bet which tin the ball is hidden under. We straight away so it was a scam and moved on only for a fight to break out a few minutes later......

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Hotel was excellent. Worth every penny. Use the tram from the main Gare, stop at the border with France, 10 mins walk or take the taxi to the hotel. I prefer to walk as it's a nice stroll thru the neighbourhood. The hotel has cooking facilities so you can cook your meals there. There are 2 supermarkets, 2 pattiserie / bakery shop that opens at 5.30am! and there are also several Halal Butchers and arab/ asian grocery shops as well. Very good location if you are Muslim and coming to Geneva for work or holiday, The hotel staff are very friendly. Late check out available. Room is very clean, and the bath and toilet is separate so very handy if you are staying with more that 1 person. Room is very clean. It is located in a residential area but near the main road. Not noisy at all though. You can be in Geneva in 30 mins. It is worth staying here as it feels like you are staying in your own apartment. I would go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ImanTraveller
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We choose here after researching various places, because it seemed good value for money compared to places in central Geneva.
Having read some of the reviews on here I wondered what we would find, and I was very plesantly surprised.
The parking was a little confusing. There is an underground car park, but you can actually park at the rear of the hotel, which was fine.

We had one of the suite rooms with a kitchenette. The notices in the room do ask you to leave the kitchen as you found it, so a pack of kitchen wipes would have been handy in the luggage, but it was really handy to have a fridge and basic kitchen. There is a bus stop right outside, we caught the bus to the boarder and then transferred onto the trams. The trams have ticket machines at the stops, and you buy according to which zone you're in. I think it was a 2 zone ticket to get you from the hotel to the center of town, although no one checked our ticket.

It did have wifi, but as mentioned in other reviews, it got painfully slow in the evenings. We found if we needed to upload our stuff doing it first thing in the morning worked really well. There were notices in the rooms saying they were working to improve the speed.

I found the room to be very clean, large and spacious, and I would defiantely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dawnch023
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I was going to a conference in central Geneva, and baulked at the cost of the Geneva hotels. Then I found this place. I'm very glad I did.

My Suite Galliard is a straightforward 3* hotel, with the bonus of offering cooking facilities in each room, so you can cater for yourself if you want to. They even offer low rates for long-term stays: I think Galliard would get a bit dull after a while, but the hotel would be fine, I'd say.

The place must have been refurbished since some of the reviews here were written. It is clean and tidy, and well-maintained. The rooms are not luxurious, but they are absolutely fine, especially for the price. The breakfast is ok - nothing special, and you could probably do just as well in a cafe: but the "express formula" (coffee, juice, two mini croissants) for EUR 5 is pretty convenient. The wireless internet access is good, but became severely overloaded each evening - so it got so slow as to be useless.

The location is quite accessible from central Geneva: about 35 minutes on the tram. If you are arriving at Geneva central station (easiest thing from the airport), turn under the railway arches to find a tram stop. Take Tram 16 to Moellesulaz. This stop - the tram terminus - is co-located with the French-Swiss border post. With Switzerland now in the Schengen area, there are no border formalities. After walking across the border, go straight ahead. Get/stay on the left hand side of the road, and walk for 5-10 minutes. You will reach My Suite on your left hand side. You can get a free ticket at the airport which covers the whole of the Geneva zone - good enough to get to Moellesulaz. The tram terminus has only a ticket machine - and it only takes coins (SFR or EUR). If you don't want to be buying individual tickets, get a weekly season ticket from the local travel office at the Geneva main station (35 SFR with a photo; 50 without).

I had an excellent meal at "Le Temps de Vivre", a couple of blocks from the hotel. It's on the D2, heading out of town. The meal cost EUR 40 (3 courses, plus wine and coffee), so it wasn't cheap, but it was excellent French cuisine - which seems in short supply in Galliard - and much cheaper than the same meal would be in Geneva.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank doc_M
Reviewed 23 March 2009

This is as good as any hotel I have stayed in Geneva - it is about 20/30 minutes away from downtown on tramway services 16/12/17. Room was spotless with huge bed, nice bathroom and shower, seperate toilet and best of all - kitchen area with microwave, cooker hobs, fridge with freezer. Smoking rooms available on fifth floor - very important if you like a HOME FROM HOME. There is a Spar supermarket a few doors down and a Casino Supermarket over the road - you are in France - but the Swiss border is literally 5 minutes down the road. It was a pleasure - and much better value for money than Geneva City Hotels - about half the price and a fridge to boot - fantastic! The man on the desk was very helpful and spoke English! I will definately use My Suite Gailllard in the future.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business