Villa Belrose Hotel
US$450
US$431
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
BELLO VISTO Hotel(Gassin)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$478
US$457
Travelocity
US$149
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsst tropezmichelin star restaurantexcellent viewroom servicefrench rivieralong weekendloved every minuteevery morninggorgeous hotelprivate terracesmall hotelwould love to come backour honeymoonsea viewbeautiful poolconciergebay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Villa Belrose is above the village of St Tropez in a residential neighborhood. The terrace and pool deck are spacious and comfortable. The restaurant has a 1* Michelin restaurant with an incredible selection of cheeses-2 carts full! The rooms are always being updated and the staff is fluent in several languages. The manager is a treasure-tall and blonde and full of fun-well connected to tous les choses St. Tropezienne!

Room Tip: ask for something near the elevators on each level
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank suzanne o
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel during an weekend event and were very pleased with the staff and service. Of course the furniture and decor is not 2011 but it suits the area. Breakfast was plenty of choice with some of the down-to-earth basics that the French are known for. Only the dinner with Thierry Thiercelin was below our expectation. With my personal pet peeve being plastic outdoor furniture, so finding these at the Villa Belrose was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Belrose for 3 nights in June for our wedding anniversary. The hotel has a great view and a good check in procedure but the room was not special, it was very small for a very large price, and everything in the hotel costs about double what it should. A glass of wine is about $20 US, a meal is ridiculously expensive and not very special (except for the view). I would instead book a 3-star hotel near the beach (Villa Belrose is high on a hill, with a good view but 4 miles from a good beach) with some ambience and charm.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor. The lower floors have poor views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bobbyintexas
Reviewed 2 May 2011

A truly restful haven that has every amenity of a five-star property. This is a peaceful and idyllic setting overlooking the Bay of St. Tropez on one of the hills of Gassin. A five minute drive to the port, the Hotel Villa Belrose is in a great location and even features a one Michelin star restaurant with an al fresco dining room overlooking the sea. Rooms are clean and well maintained, while bathrooms are huge and luxurious marble spaces.

For my full review of this property with my own personal photos, please visit my blog post on the Hotel Villa Belrose at:

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My wife and I recently returned from an extended stay in the South of France, and spent a couple of days at Villa Belrose as the final leg of our trip. This was our 1st time in St. Tropez and I did a considerable amount of research before selecting this resort. Interestingly, the name does not appear frequently in the mainstream travel guides/books - not sure why this is since it is top-rated, even by Tripadvisor. And it is not extensively discussed on the web. Maybe it's a matter of size, with less than 40 suites, and cost (though Byblos and Pinede seem to get a decent amount of chatter). Maybe its clientele is more word of mouth, I don't know, but I found it hard to get good web info on V. Belrose other than Tripadvisor or the hotel's own web site (Other travel websites just repeated the same stuff).

Our final choices were narrowed to Byblos, and La Pinede. With Byblos, the descriptions seemed too much about the scene - and we are not "scene" people, at least not for holiday. We get enough of that in NYC. Our of curiosity, we dropped by Byblos while wandering around town, and I must say the facility is much nicer and quieter than I imagined from photos and descriptions - I would defintely consider it on my next trip the area. With La Pinede, we got the impression that it might be overrun with children given the small beachfront (not that there is anything wrong with that, just not for our romantic holiday). In fact, their web site video focuses on a child running along the water's edge - and that solidified our impression. V. Belrose seemed like a good mix of resortiness, removed from the hustle of town, but close enough to jump in when the mood strikes. The hotel is about 10 minutes drive to the harbor (no traffic) and up to 1 hour in heavy traffic. We got stuck during rush hour once, but somehow I did not mind it - keep some cool Hotel Costes CD's in your car for such occaisions.

I'd say, we made the perfect choice with V. Belrose. The photos on the web simply do not do this facility justice. The public areas feature soothing neo-classical design elements, with an extraordinary view of the harbor and town. This is exactly what the doctor ordered in terms of relaxation. And the staff truly knows the meaning of service. From the moment we arrived, everyone greeted us by name and general manager stopped by to personally greet us. I should give special props to the concierge desk - none of our requests were were too small or large for their resources, and to housekeeping - the place was spotless. I was also impressed by some of the very top end selections at their bar. And I should also mention that my wife used the spa services and was very pleased.

We had a Prestige Room (720euro/nt) with French doors leading to a huge terrace and very expansive view of the harbor. Separation between terraces was not quite as private as I would have liked, separated only by some thin shrubs, but other guests were discrete and respectful. At any rate, it seems that total privacy is a rare commodity on the Riviera. The room itself was relatively small, for the price, but quite functional. Same with the marble bath. The separate-doored toilet area helped increase efficiency and privacy (i.e. someone could use the toilet while the spouse uses the sink area). We had lots of closet/shelving space which helped make the room very functional. The Prestige Rooms are located on the lobby floor, which concerned us, but we found no issues with noise level either from the lobby or from other rooms.

All-in-all, we were very impressed, and that is a tall compliment from a couple of seasoned luxury travelers not to mention the fact that NYCers are simply a tough breed to impress. We found the staff to have a great attitude, warm disposition, and genuine desire to please. While execution was not always up to par, especially by some of the clearly green junior staff, the effort was always appreciated. The times when things did not go well were usually related to room service and due to communication issues. While the junior staff is generally conversant in English, things can easily get lost in translation (certainly not an issue unique to this French establishment).

Oh, and I should also mention that we dined in the hotel's restaurant one evening. While overall a lovely space and positive experience, I did not feel the level of service or food quite lived up to the reputation and cost (our tab came to about $350euro for 2 with 4 glasses of wine & champagne). Maybe they were having an off day or maybe the lousy euro/USD exchange rate was finally getting to me. As others have said, this is not a place for the faint of wallet or value-conscious.

At any rate, I highly recommend Villa Belrose and look forward to becoming a regular, budgetary limitations notwithstanding.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family