Stayed 22nd Fed 14 to 1 Mar 14. Party was three professional males more used to 4 and 5 star hotels.
Results were: The apartment is compact but fine for 3 people, good storage space under beds and large wardrobe. There is a sleeping area that has two bunk beds and wardrobe that can be isolated from main room by sliding the wall back. We had a balcony but it was too cold to use it. Kitchen is compact but workable with serving hatch into seated dining area. Kitchen doesn't have an oven but microwave has oven settings. If you like a cuppa bring some mugs as the cups there are for expresso sized drinks.
The room has a television but I think you have a rent the remote control or something as the sound could be heard when switched on but no picture. We weren't bothered as we don't go on holiday to watch telly.
Apartment was clean enough on arrival but cleaner when we left! Sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets provided (not duvets). Hot water always available and radiator in room is adustable so you can have room at perfect temperature. Bathroom is like everything else, compact and basic. The shower head doesn't have a fixing on wall so showering means sitting in bath and if you stand water will go everywhere (no shower curtain) so again it's functional only.
We had no issues with noise, not woken once, albeit we mightve been the ones do the waking! You can hear noises from other rooms but nothing intrusive. The teens/youths appeared to be roomed on the basement floor so maybe that's the place to avoid. We were on floor 2.
The supermarket is close (2 min walk) and has everything you need at reasonable prices and there are a couple of restaurants very close by that are OK with standard international (pizza, steak, burgers, pasta) and french fare (Savoyarde). The pubs are a bit of a walk as there isn't one that is open late nearby so if you want to go to Smithys, Igloo, Underground, La Sporting, Sphere (main busy pubs) then it is a 5 - 10 minute walk.
There is a locker room in the basement with large locker big enough for skis, boots, poles etc for 3 people - 4 will be tight but maybe possible. Locker room isn't heated but you can ski right out from the back door down to the Marmottes 1 lift, AlpeAuris and Romains Lift. The other lifts will require a bit of poling. The breadth of pistes in Alpe D is fantastic with only the Tunnel closed all week but we ski'd for an average of 6 hours a day for 6 days and covered 95% of the runs so plenty to keep entertained.
If you have stayed in French basic ski accomodation before then this place won't be a surprise as there are no frills but if you want some luxury or something better than basic then pay more. I would say that you get what you pay for and the price to stay at Belambra was very low.
ps there is a spa with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi (x2) in adjoining hotel that you can use for 10 euro. They will insist on you having flip flops (they sell them for 2 euro) and you must have proper swim trunks there (and in main public pool). They inspect them before letting you in! So speedo or proper swim trunks required, no shorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched at a height of 1860 m and known for its exceptional level of sunshine, Alpe d’Huez shelters the "Les Bergers" residence at the very heart of the resort. Located 50 m from the shops, the residence also provides direct access to all the resort's activities.In the majestic massifs of the Grandes Rousses with its 12 lakes, and in the Oisans massif, you can take exceptional hikes at low and high altitudes. Swimming pool, ice rink, mountain biking, mini golf, tennis, horse riding, fitness,… with this cocktail of activities, you will appreciate the comfort of your refurbished apartment even more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Les Bergers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belambra Clubs - Les Bergers Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- Les Bergers France/Rhone-Alpes