We are quite happy with our stay at Residence Les Bergers. The hotel looked clean and nice, the rooms recently renovated with well equipped kitchen and good bathrooms. The beds, blankets, pillows were OK. Only remark - every bed should have a separate reading lamp. We liked the attitude of the staff, who were invariably friendy, helpful and relaxed. The heated outdoor pool was a good extra. There was a comfortable lounge with a fireplace and a snooker table. The kids liked the hotel, especially the meeting with Santa on Christmas Eve. The location is almost perfect, not exactly ski-in, but a very short walk from the lifts. All the other parts of the resort were easily accessible. The commercial centre near the residence is a real asset, providing everything you need - good supermarket, ski rental, boulangerie, medical centre, drugstore etc.
Some things can be improved. The soundproofing level of the apartment doors was zero. As the main sleeping area was near the door, sleep could be easily disturbed by noises from the corridor and other rooms. Some staff members made considerable noise, removing rubbish, empty bottles etc from the utility rooms in the corridor regularly at 7 am in the morning, which seemed supid. Ski lockers were sufficient for two users, but definitely not for more.
As some others have complained, the wifi did not function well. Even the basic option was adequate for browsing, Skype etc. But wifi was cut off very often, sometimes every couple of minutes. It seemed to be more of a software problem, not primarily an issue of signal strength or capacity. Most of the time the computer was "obtaining address". Very often "page unavailable" was displayed, or a similar message from a strange "wifi controller". The absurdly inconsistent quality of wifi (which came for a charge) is the main serious issue we had. Overall, I would consider returning if I had another vacation at Alpe d'Huez and if I could get the room for same price. I am not sure I would be prepared to pay higher prices (as charged during New Year and school holidays). The management should address the weaknesses - soundproofing of doors, wifi quality and individual lightning in rooms - to confirm their full commitment to customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Grandes Rousses ski area, just 100 metres from the ski lifts.Heated outdoor swimming pool overlooking the valley. Savoyard speciality restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Bergers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Residence Les Bergers
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Bergers Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Bergers France/Rhone-Alpes