We visited for the TDF's visit to Alpe D'huez. In total we stayed 10nights. We had a fantastic stay and could not recommend more highly. The owners of the hotel and their family run it and you can tell. It is so friendly,personable and comfortable. The rooms are basic but extremely clean.We did not have a mountain view room and when (not if) we stay again we will pay the litte extra to get a room with a view from what I saw of the other rooms. We dined every night in the restaurant and the food was very good traditional French food. We were sad to hear when we departed that they are unlikely to continue doing DB&B in the summer as too few people dine.I do not understand why people don't eat there. Example meal, home smoked salmon and toast starter, lamb chop skewers main, local cheeses and pear frangipani tart. Very good local Savoie wine too! Lovely hotel, lovely people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1955, the Castillan family have been your hosts, featuring the same quality service... In the pure tradition of this hotel passed on from father to son, Julien and his wife Stéphanie have taken up the torch... Simplicity, quality and authenticity, summer and winter alike, with resort's slopes and other activities (particularly summer ones) just nearby : tennis, swimming pool, golf, skating rink, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, aeromodelling... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Castillan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Castillan Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- Le Castillan France/Rhone-Alpes