“Unbelievable”
Review of Hotel Les Cimes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in L'Alpe-d'Huez
Hotel Les Cimes
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Insane value for money! The hotel staff are great and not job is too much! Thoroughly enjoyed my holiday and it was mainly because of Shelly and her hard working staff. Would definitely recommend! The hotel is in a fantastic location and you can ski from and to it at the beginning and end of the day. Cannot express enough how outstanding the service was!

1 Thank Luke B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous week at the Hotel Les Cimes where the staff were as helpful as the reviews stated! Shelley & all the staff were fantastic and gave us a first class service. The food was easily the best we have had on a skiing trip. The building is looking a bit tired from the outside but the rooms are clean, with ample storage space for clothes and our ensuite had recently been refurbished. We also made good use of the sauna & steam room. When we returned from our days skiing we would ask for them to be switched on and it certainly helped keep our aching muscles going. We appreciated the way we were seated for our evening meal with different guests as we got to meet lots of people and it made the hotel a very friendly environment.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I'm 50 years old & this was my first ever skiing holiday. Can't say I coped well with the skiing but I tried. Alpe D'Heuz is a beautiful resort. Lots to do for the non skier; beautiful walks, open air pool & I used my ski pass to jump on the ski lifts to the high peaks to enjoy the stunning views & the apres "non" ski!
I would have no hesitation in returning to Les Cimes. Though a little dated the hotel was very comfortable & well situated. Two ski lifts within easy reach but we used the free bus which stops very close by, runs regularly & takes you to where you need to be. I cannot praise the staff enough. A young team guided by Shelley the manager who all work so well together. They are obviously there to enjoy the snow too but boy do they all work very hard. Always greeted with a smile, especially Cesca a lovely young lady who beavers away in the dining room, as do they all. All the staff are so friendly, helpful & knowledgeable; Cesca, Ella, Sam, Alex, Jon & the others, all a credit to Inghams. The food was incredible & so much of it. Buffet breakfast with the hot option served to you so nice & fresh, afternoon tea of soup, savouries & cake. Tea & coffee available all day, you could sit in the bar area or on the veranda with your coffee & enjoy the stunning view. Guests gathered in the bar for drinks & nibbles (all included) before the evening meal which you have chosen at breakfast. Always delicious, beautifully presented & the wine flows freely. Afterwards we adjourned to the bar where Jon the barman, a smashing young lad, was waiting to ensure our evening continued to be enjoyable. Some nights we had entertainment; quizzes, pool tournament or we played the board games provided. A lovely relaxing atmosphere to round off your day.

Would I ski again? ......the jury is still out. Would I go back to Les Cimes? Most definitely. Thank you Shelley & your team for a wonderful holiday.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you are hoping to lose weight on your skiing holiday, then Les Cimes really isn't for you! The food is really quite exceptional and served in generous quantities, by staff who couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is a choice of the usual continental or cooked to order affair (or both!), then afternoon tea consisted of soup, bread, cakes and biscuits, before aperitifs which were served in the bar with nibbles. Dinner was three courses of freshly made dishes (a choice of 2 or 3 per course was provided at breakfast), followed by coffee and cheeses. The cuisine was of outstanding variety and flawless quality, all served with an apparently limitless provision of excellent table wine!

Shelly and her team have a lot to be proud of. The hard-working staff did everything they could to help us enjoy our stay, offering friendly but professional service with tireless dedication to their customers. Sam, Luke, Alex, Francesca and Fiona were amazing, as was John on the bar and many others that I'm ashamed not to have remembered the names of.

The room was perfectly comfortable with all the usual facilities one would expect of a 4* hotel, including a safe which was useful for storing valuables. The bath was a little too small for my 6ft frame, although I was content to only use the shower.

Overall, Les Cimes prides itself on its customer service and it's right to do so. I just can't wait until the next ski season when I hope to return!

Tip: Don't bother walking or catching the bus to the main ski lift area in Alpe D'Huez - just make the short walk (~50m) out of the hotel front door to the right. At the end of the road is a short slope down to the bottom of the Signal ski lift, which takes you to the top of an easy blue piste; this will take you to the heart of the skiing action with much less effort!

1 Thank Ed G
Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel is in a very good location, 2 minute walk to the Signal two man lift and a short walk to the lobster pots for a direct lift to the main area where all the ski schools are and the DMC.

Hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were fantastic. Rooms were good too....for a package ski hotel. Nothing fancy, but plenty big enough.

Good breakfasts and the evening meals were fantastic.

I would definitely recommend Les Cimes to anyone.

2 Thank Bexamasaurus
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Being a first time skier this has spoilt me for the rest of the skiing world. The staff are fantastic, helpful and very knowledgable every guest is treated with the utmost respect and I did not want to leave!
From Shelly ( manager) to the kitchen porters they are all a tribute to inghams and deserve the biggest end of season bonus possible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed as part of a group of six at the end of Feb. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful, they really made the trip. Hotel was clean, comfortable and in a great location. Our room was clean and had a fantastic view from the balcony. And the food... Absolutely amazing!! Great value for money, I have nothing bad to say about the hotel, a fantastic time was had by all :)

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room with balcony for a great view