The first thing to say about Club Med is that this hotel caters for kids really well. If you can't stand being around kids on holiday don't come here.
If however you do have kids then this hotel is absolutely brilliant. The quality of the entertainment and activities for kids up to 12 was outstanding. We travelled with our son aged 15 but remember skiing at resorts when he was young and we would have loved this place. The kids are thoroughly looked after and there is a ESF ski school on site which makes this place perfect for kids.
As i said if you don't like kids running around everwhere having fun then this is not the resort for you. Perhaps they should have an adults only bar area but this is a small gripe.
This Club Med is clean and tidy but a little battered around the edges. This is only to be expected I suppose given the active and party types who come here. Despite this the staff try really hard to keep everything as clean as possible.
The food was a highlight of this Club Med (despite Bishop's comments.) There was a huge variety of great food catering for all tastes. Much of the food was cooked in front of you and presented with flair. We really could not fault the food and being all inclusive went up for at least three or four courses. The house wines red and white were OK and drinkable and if you paid extra you could purchase something special.
On the subject of booze the bar serves Kronenbourg and most house spirits and cocktails in the all inclusive list. There is a menu which clearly states what is and isn't included.
The rooms are OK and we had excellent cleaners in our Club Marmotte room. As stated in other reports the bathrooms are small but were clean and usable.
We didn't use the pool or other facilities so cannot comment.
The boot room was excellent and we never felt it was too crowded. There is a heated rack for you boots which was a nice touch. The room was secure and there is a ski service on site.
The resort of Alpe D'Huez was great for all standards especially beginners with blue slopes even up high on the mountain.
All in all a great holiday and would recommend to those with kids but not teens or couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the meeting point of the six valleys of the Oisans, the resort of Alpe-d'Huez stretches out surrounded by the former alpine pastures of a mountain village. Dominating this suntrap spot and well placed on its sunny slope, this Club Med Village invites guests to launch out and revel in the thrill of the longest black run in Europe, while those who prefer to take it easy enjoy the panoramic view. Parents and children share the joy of new sensations as they zigzag around the skating rink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med L 'Alpe d'Huez la Sarenne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med l `Alpe d`Huez La Sarenne Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- L'alpe-D'huez Club Med
- Club Med L 'Alpe D'Huez La Sarenne France/Rhone-Alpes