“Mr”
Alpine Majestic - Chalet Soleil
Balcony View The Hot Tub!
Check Availability
Double Room
Twin Room
Fine Dining
Chatel
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Chalet -
5 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
La Chapelle-D'Abondance, Abondance, Portes du Soleil, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 22 reviews

Reviews from our community

Dutch first
Any
StevoInLo...
“Mr”
Reviewed 7 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Loved it! Amazing chalet with brilliant hosts and excellent food & drinks. We were made to feel amazingly welcome and Ian & Jo the owners couldn't do enough for us! The chalet host and cook were superb too and very welcoming.
The ski area is immense across Switzerland & France so you cannot get bored of the piste area.
Loads of bars and restaurants in the area, but after a few drinks you'll be excited to get back for the five star meal that's been prepared!
I would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone.

Pgask78
“Perfect! ”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Having been on a number of ski holidays I had an idea in my head of what to expect....I couldn't have been more wrong.
This place is outstanding. From the luxurious rooms with views to die for, to the the 5 star service you receive.

It took me a few days to get used to being waited on hand and foot. Within a few hours of arriving the host, Danielle, knew exactly what we were all drinking and each night after my shower I would have a gin and tonic ready for me.

Rob the chef cooked some meals you'd expect to find in a top class London restaurant....prepare to be fed like a king.

Ian and Joanne (the owners) couldn't have been more welcoming. When I had a injured back one day, Joanne managed to arrange an osteopath to see me within an hour, and then dropped me off and collected me.

I can not recommend this place enough and can't wait to return!

Thanks again Joanne, Ian, Rob, Danielle and Lilliana for making the week perfect.

Wilko_241...
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect skiing holiday”
Reviewed 26 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I had only been skiing a couple of times and never in a catered chalet so I was blown away by this chalet experience. Every detail thought of - down to a different chocolate on your pillow every day. We were warmly welcomed by Ian & Jo and their daughter Lilliana, and the chalet is beautiful and finished to a very high standard down to every light switch. I loved having group breakfast and dinners, I loved coming home to delicious cake and tea. Chef and waitress Rob & Danielle made it super relaxing too, with canapes and drinks served before dinner. I loved hanging out with my friends every evening in the cosy living area which felt like a members bar. It instantly felt like home.

The view of the mountains outside (which went on everyone's Instagram feed on the first morning) are breathtaking as is the ski resort itself - so much to see and we even skied back and forth into Switzerland. The sheer beauty of Portes de Soleil is beyond words. Ian takes you and picks you up everyday when you're ready and is an expert snowboarder and has known the area since he was a teenager, recommending certain routes and bars. I also fell off a button lift and got very lost on the 2nd day (and felt very silly) but he was so patient and helpful and it was so appreciated.

Everything was so easy - they arrange the ski hire people to come to you, Ian bought our passes and we paid at the end. I cannot recommend Majestic Alpine and this beautiful part of the Alps enough, and definitely hope to be back again in 2017!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
garylondo...
London, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

This Chalet is incredible , full of class but still retains a magical homely feel
Ian and Joanne are the most wonderful hosts, supported y a great chef Rob serving up magical food that would be welcomed in any top restaraunt
Nothing is too much trouble , the hot tub is a lovely after a day's skiing taken away the aches and pains of a day out , The Ski area is sensational and affordable supported by very nice restaraunts and bars
This is the Best Chalet I have ever stayed in , I am a seasoned skier having traveled extensively thru Europe and America
I give a guarantee that once you sample the magic of this Chalet and Chatel you will not need or want to go else where
Happy and Safe Travels

Claire H
Essex, United Kingdom
“Luxury ski holiday”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We were welcomed by the owners Jo and Ian and their beautiful little girl, with champagne and a smile, you are made to feel at home straight away. Not only is the area beautiful but the interior of the chalet is gorgeous, each and every room is really clean and finished to a very high standard. You feel very spoilt!

There is no hassle with getting your ski hire stuff / passes etc as Ian arranges all that for you and they come to the chalet to make sure everything fits etc., great service.

With an amazing chef, you are fed and watered very regularly, the food was incredible, lots of choice and nothing was too much trouble.

The owner runs you to the slopes every day and if you want to hang out in the town after skiing he accommodates by picking you up from any one of the great bars in town.

Having access to a jacuzzi, a comfy bed each night and beautiful relaxing surroundings made this a ski holiday I will never forget.

I will definitely be going back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Richiebab...
“Cannot recommend enough! Absolutely perfect!”
Reviewed 20 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Stayed here beginning of March and did not want to leave!
The Chalet is so beautiful and spacious and the rooms are so comfortable and all en suite!
Overall really relaxing.

The Chalet has a chef and waitress (Rob and Danielle) and the food is out of this world. Breakfast includes a cooked breakfast, cereals, fresh breads and ham and croissants. Plenty to fill up on before going skiing.

Ian took us and picked us up every day to and from various ski lifts and some of the slopes and scenery are so beautiful. Some of the bars in Chatel are fab too, great atmosphere.
When you return to chalet you are welcomed by freshly baked cake and tea.

Then relax in the chalet or in Hottub then around 7:30/8 there is the most amazing 5 course dinner every night except Wednesday which is Danielle and Robs day off.
Dinner includes homemade canapés, starter, main course, dessert and cheese board!
Absolutely divine!

Chatel itself is a really pretty village and has some really nice bars and restaurants and is in a great location for some fantastic ski slopes.

We are 100% going back next year. It was my first time skiing and I loved every minute!

Big Thanks to Ian, Joanne, Rob, Danielle and of course, Liliana for making it such a fantastic holiday xx

CWDilwort...
Essex, United Kingdom
“Outstanding chalet”
Reviewed 12 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My wife and I stayed at the Chalet Soleil the second week of January with a group of friends. The hosts are Ian and Joanne who are the most lovely, friendly, caring couple you could wish to meet. Transfers to and from the airport are included which are 1.5hrs approx. The chalet is set near Chatel and the Portes du Soleil ski region, a vast ski area. It is a new beautiful building finished to a high spec. As with most chalet ski holidays, meals are provided morning and evening other than on one night which allowed us to venture into Chatel for a restaurant night out. Ian and Joanne provided much more than we expected. The food is exceptional, fantastic quality breakfast with all options available and high standard 4 course evening meals. Not that we ever managed the 4th course such was the service, standard and quantity of the food. Canapes are also served before dinner. Real quality food served by Rob and Danielle their resident chefs. All drinks are included and available throughout. There is a lovely spacious hot tub available which we enjoyed several times after a hard days skiing. Although this chalet is not walking distance to a ski lift, that really didn't matter because Ian kindly drops guests off upon request including a bit a apres too! We were always happy to stay in the chalet after skiing such was the beauty of the property but Chatel offered some nice bars and plenty of restaurant choices. We ate in the Antoine restaurant on our night out which was very nice. We were genuinely sad to leave such was the hospitality. Thanks to our friends Nick & B for inviting us. I understand it was a random find but now we've been once any future ski trip to France will be a return to this chalet. We wish Ian & Joanne every success for the future, Chris & Tina

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing