“Great value. Nice staff!”
Review of Les Flocons

Les Flocons
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Les Deux-Alpes
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great value. Nice staff!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Les Flocons is clean and warm. The beds are very comfortable. No noise problems. We were there during a peak season British holiday plus a Paris vacation week. Plenty of hot water. Walk to slopes. Walk to rental shop. Grocery and laundromat around the corner.

They had a triple adapter on the single outlet to support charging several devices.

We had a demi pension. It included breakfast and evening meal. Great idea during peak season. No waiting in line for restaurants! Yummy, hearty local dishes were served. Cheerful friendy manager and reception. Sebastien and Kinga. They speak many languages.

Great advice on local businesses and apres ski activites.

We felt well cared for. WIFI is in lobby only. A little slow. But it worked.
We felt well cared for

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

For a single man it's like a jail. You can not make a tea or cook an egg in your room!
They sell equivalent of glass of water for 3 EU.
There is no Wi-Fi connection operating inside your room.
There is any single non french channel on your poorly operating TV.
The walls in your room are transferring voices like a paper. All is tired and just nasty.
Instead, you will get tattered blanket throws, which you get dirty. Linens are equally old, look like bought more than 5 years ago.

The SKI room is very tired and very unsecured - it would be so easy to steal the equipment, because doors into the ski room are in 90% not closed and ski boxes are short and opened from the top. There is no one keeping and eye on your equipment during the night.

Main doors are protected by simple code but you can easily open those doors without any code.

On last day when I left my room on 11AM I asked a reception guy to keep an eye on my luggages - got bus at 14 - when I came back my stuff was standing unprotected accessible to anyone. Instead guy shouted on me that I left my room in a total mess and insisted to charge me 50 Euros.

I found french people working there as arrogant and very unpleasant.

Also every day someone was controlling my room touching my stuff and searching my suitcases seeking for money or any valuable. When I left my laptop connected to to power someone just disconnected it and battery went low to 0% - I lost important audio/video project thanks to an idiot who disconnected my laptop from the power.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Les Deux-Alpes hotels

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We travelled as a group of 8 (ages 35-60).

Upon arrival we were made aware that they had double booked our rooms for the Saturday night; we then made arrangements to have a night at Le Cret. The hotel were very apologetic and picked up the bill for the night we had in Le Cret and also insisted that we go to the Casa Nostra (excellent tapas restaurant) where they would contribute 100Euros towards the bill - we all agreed that that was great customer service.

The hotel is not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination; the rooms are small and the bathrooms even smaller, but the rooms were clean and tidy. If you were to put 4 people into the 4 berth rooms you would feel really cramped, so I would advise keeping it to a maximum of 3 people in a 4 berth room.

The breakfast is plentiful and of reasonable quality. There is no bar but we were quite happy to frequent the Polar Bear Bar nearby.

The hotel is in a good location; there is a ski lift at the rear of the hotel and you are close to a number of bars and restaurants. There is a bit of noise from the next door nightclub but that is only at 2am when everyone leaves the club - but the people soon dissipate.

Would I take my family? No
Would I go again with friends? Yes.

We had a great time, and at the end of the day the hotel is cheap; we paid 2* prices (40Euros per night) and got a 2* hotel but received great friendly service from all of the hotel staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Cumbria
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I went here with a group of adults and were due to stay at La Provencal a few hotels over, however there were to many on our group and 6 of us had to stay in this hotel.

This was my first ever skiing holiday and so I didn't know what to expect, I at first kept my mouth shut when I saw the basicness of the room until my boyfriend came back from skiing and started noticing lots of faults within the room that he is not used to on a skiing holiday.

The room was dark with few stoplights, the one above my head on the bed fell off countlessly whenever I touched it accidentally.

The walls are paper thin, me and another guy that was in the same group who was next door were able to have a conversation through the wall, without raising our voices.

There was a miniscule wardrobe and a table to store things, we complained that there were no drawers, bedside tables to put anything and they managed to find us a bed side table for the room.

Our shower was broken, it was at chest height and facing the wall, if you moved it, it just fell back to the same position, we complained and they said they would fix it, went back later that day and it was still broken, I went to the desk and she just said there is nothing we can do, but we couldn't get any refund or replacement as 'it's not completely broken', I ended up fixing the shower using a hair bobble, sandwich bag and a belt.

There was no bath and the bathroom was very loud at night, you could hear all the people partying at Smithy's, and them walking home, one night I heard some horrible noises coming from the street.

It was often too cold, whenever we tried to turn the radiator up it seemed not to work and then when we cam home from eating it would be ridiculously hot and took ages to turn down.

We didn't eat there at night, but breakfast was OK.

The beds were quite comfortable and the hotel is in a good location.

There was free wifi in the lounge which was great but I don't understand how it could not reach the bedrooms. There was a tv in the room but it was all french.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I visited Deux Alpes earlier on in the year, assisting a school ski group. Upon arrival, there was no-one to welcome or greet me- I had to search the hotel for a member of staff. When I found one, she told me the manager was unavailable and did not attempt to welcome me or book me in, instead walking off when she did not understand what I said-this was an issue as I had to conduct safety checks before the ski group arrived.

When they arrived, it transpired that there were five less rooms than expected. On trying to amend this, the member of staff previously mentioned then told me that she was the manager and shouted at me when I attempted to sort out the situation with the rooms. She walked away from myself and the guests, and made no attempt to help or assist us. In the end, I had to move to another hotel, and our guests had to share rooms (with beds from other hotels as she was completely disinterested in solving this issue).

The food at the hotel was of poor quality-a vegetarian was given a plate of green beans for dinner, and again I was shouted at when I queried this. My guests ate elsewhere several times in the week, due to the poor quality of food. In addition to this, I had to ask for toilet paper, clean towels and bin changes/room cleaning for the guests, as the rooms were not attended to. The website also claims that there is a gym on-site- there is no such thing.

Most disappointing of all was the manager's attitude; she was consistently rude, often walking away, shouting at myself and the ski trip organiser, and completely disinterested in helping us at all-so much so that I was forced to contact my company's area manager to visit her hotel to speak to her. After then, she behaved in a more civil manner- unfortunately, this was more than midway through the trip. I recommended that the company I was representing did not use this hotel again-other guests at the hotel also spoke to me about the poor service and the ski group I was accompanying were wholeheartedly disappointed.My week was extremely stressful due to my group's disappointment regarding the hotel's poor quality of service and her lack of co-operation regarding basic amenities. Overall, a definite no-no; avoid this hotel unless you want a brief and very basic last-ditch stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
pau, france
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Secure bike storage, comfortable sized rooms and a good breakfast. Overall excellent value.
I stayed here overnight to cycle Alpe d'huez and Galibier. This was a perfect base and was outstanding value. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ben b
Les Deux-Alpes, France
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Do not stay at this hotel.
Food awful, rooms OK, bathrooms tiny, Manager attitude dreadful and brought "slop bucket" out at the end of the meal when clearing plates!!
No bar and no heating in boot room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family