“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Le Trappeur

Le Trappeur
Price range: US$17 - US$51
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dans une ambiance chaleureuse et montagnarde venez déguster de belles assiettes, de bons vins, des cocktails. Une équipe jeune, professionnelle, souriante et débordante de joie de vivre vous feras découvrir les spécialités régionales (fondues, raclettes, tartiflettes), des classiques de la cuisine française (grenouilles, escargots, os à moelle) et des desserts maisons Nous travaillons en partenariat avec nos voisins de La Fromagerie pour sélectionner des fromages d'exceptions Nous vous attendons pour un moment gourmand, riche d'émotions
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Off to a good start when we went in a day before and although fully booked, they managed to squeeze us in early evening. We were a table of 10 and had a great table up on a raised section of the table with ample room. Our waitress (seen in the pic!) was very good-she explained the menu, was very friendly and had a laugh with us plus service was excellent.

Le Trappeur is French cuisine and we ordered a couple of cheese fondues as a starter-amazing! I'm told by some of our party that the frogs legs and escargot were also very good.

Then the mains: 5 of us chose La Pierrade and there was enough food to feed all 10 of us! Huge portion of steak, two big bowls of chips, salads, sauces and lovely fresh vegetables (courgettes, peppers, mushrooms) to cook on the hot stone. Being British, we of course gobbled it down whereas the French probably take more time, so at the end we were all uncomfortably full. But what a great meal and exactly what we wanted from a meal out in the Alps-highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Traditional alpine food in fun & traditional surroundings. Friendly & hard working staff makes this a great option.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We tried a number of restaurants in the area and the TA ratings are spot on.
The venison is the best I have tasted ( anywhere)
The friendliness of the staff was exceptional. It was jovial and very helpful.
As the group left the waiter said a warm goodbye I had left a moment earlier and he followed me into the street to wish me well.
Great service to match great food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Service was good. I was asked for my first name when booking the day before (we ate on a Wednesday). They described the food beautifully, cracked funny remarks and were attentive but then distant in a very French way. I had the tournedos de cerf (venison) cooked medium rare (or what an English restaurant would call rare). It was very tender, and a bit nouvelle, with skinny chips served in a newspaper-style twist. My daughter went for the tartiflette, which was very tasty but very filling. French mountain folk seem addicted to melted cheese and pig products. The burgers which sailed past us (we were near the kitchen) looked amazing. We rounded off with two boules of ice cream served in Kilner jars. The atmos is pretty cool, and got busier as the evening went on (we started at 8). The kitchen started filling with a vague haze of smoke and the waiters were flinging the doors open as we left. I would have gone back if I'd had longer.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant as a large group of 10. Had lovely food and service, fondue was gorgeous and cook your own steak at the table a winner but portions were huge and not great spectacle for any vegetarian visitors.