“menu' with a view”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Rarely I have eaten such good food on a mountain restaurant! Still donno how they made the chocolate bowl?!?
Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The place could be considered quite nice but we have been surprised by the way to react of the chef.we ordered a plate with meat and spaghetti and we did received just spaghetti with bones.we told that to the chef and he reacted in a very bad way,inviting us to get out of the place because he is a really good chef and nobody never complained about his food and we were just tourist and we didn t understand the french cuisine.he argued all that screaming on us that is something that never has yo happen in a restaurant,in particoular a star michelin restaurant.so if you go there pay attention to not complain about anything

mounierugo, Propriétaire at Le Diable au Coeur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Madame, dear Sir, first of all I wanted to thank you for your comment and to apologize for my reaction due to the surprise of your consideration.
I think that after many years of work, for the first time I find myself in front of a cultural misunderstanding. You had in fact chosen a well known dish a "queue de boeuf" literally a "Beef tail", and I understand that you had never seen that before on a plate, nor you have tasted it, but it is actually a French speciality and mostly delicious. You had chosen something that once in front of you, you did not want to eat. You had made a mistake in your choice and so in your order. The problem is that instead of simply saying so, you made it look and sound as you had just received the most disgusting thing in your life and that we were trying to poison you or make you choke with some bones. Like the "osso buco" that as italian you certainly know, a big part of the "queue de boeuf" is made of very small bones that are the ones found in the tail of the beef, we do not put them there to harass our guests. Please allow me to remark what is missing in your comment is that we did take that "horrible" dish out of your sight and did serve you an other dish of your choice with no extra charge.
Best regards,
the Chef

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is probably the best restaurant experience I've ever had. My experience was part of a larger cycling tour package that was pre-paid so I can't provide a value comment. Also we booked the restaurant on a private booking specifically for our group (15 cyclists) so my experience may not reflect what the general public might expect.

First of all, the restaurant must be in one of the best settings in the world: right on top of a mountain in the Alps. The view was breath-taking. As was the meal. It seemed like the chef went all out for us. The appetizers, the salad, the wine, the main course, the desert, and the apres meal liquer. Absolutely amazing. The service was fantastic.

And get this: after dinner we descended the mountain via mountain bikes and we were lead by the chef himself! That was very special. You don't expect this amazing French chef to also be an avid downhill mountain biker. Life doesn't get much better.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The location is perfect, providing that the weather is OK, if so you will enjoy a beautiful lansdcape. The owners recently did refresh bigger parts of the "Chalet". It looks really good. The food is excellent and the servive as well. I recommend the duck (magret de canard) which was so tasty, grilled and a big size as well. The sittings is nice and comfortable when sitting outside.
All in all it is in my opinion one of the best restaurants in Les 2 Alpes, and defintely a top 2 if you look for a restaurants in the slopes. Considering that I have visiting ans skiing in les 2 Alpes for + +25 years I do have a bit of experience of this resort.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Three of us had an excellent lunch at Le Diable. The food was excellent and all the more welcome for being unexpected - we had gone there purely because it was convenient. For the quality, I'd say it is good value for a mountain restaurant in such an outstanding location. Staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, a delightful experience.