“European Ski School”
Review of Les Deux Alpes

Les Deux Alpes
More attraction details
Owner description: Aacqua Center et son equipe vous accueil tout au long de votre sejour tous les apres-midi pour un moment de detente. Le centre vous propose de multiples ctivites: espace sensorielle, sport, relaxation, spa, beaute, sante, minceur. Une equipe confirmee et active sera heureuse de vous recevoir pour vous concocter le programme de votre choix.Aacqua Center se situe au centre des 2 Alpes sur la grande avenue de la Muzelle. A tres bienot, Aacqua Center vous attend.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

L2A in the summer has a lot to offer Skiing , mountain biking, walking and many more activities we went there this summer for a family ski holiday and it did not disappoint . A few days of inclement weather -but you are in the mountains-we used The European Ski School to organise activities .Jeremy and his son could not have been more helpful on our first trip to L2A. His advice to us on what was our first family ski holiday was invaluable and the lessons he organised were first class. His recommendations on other activities was greatly appreciated . If your travelling to L2A for summer skiing I would strongly recommend you contact ESS .
The summer skiing at L2A is fantastic and suitable from beginners to more experienced skiers and boarders. I would definitely recommend L2A in the Summer and ESS for local advice and Knowledge for all activities

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"ice rink"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 21 August 2014

It's been my first time when I went to France and the whole impression was pretty good. The ski-lift infrastructure was poor than in Austria. No heated (or maybe just one) ski-chair. And no wind protection at all on ski-chairs. In Austria 80% of their has the wind protection. The place in general was good. Lot of restaurants and pubs. Another problem was the buses. They stopped to run at 6 or 8 PM. If you don't have a car and you plan to stay later at a restaurant or so the road 'till home will not be a pleasant one. Seems that the city is more for teenagers or large groups. Even the hotels (most of them with 2 stars) has bunk beds.

2  Thank Vali M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I cycled up this, was great training for Alpe d'Huez - but there are a couple of ruts in the road which you need to be careful of on the downhill.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the resort 18 years ago and hated it but life and time has moved on since then so when it came up cheap I thought I'd give it another go, I visited in March 2014 and on the face of it things had changed quite a bit but scratch beneath the surface and it was just the same over priced food and drink average meal with a drink was €25 pp for a pizza and pint, beer is around €5-6 which is pretty common in the alpes the resort is full of drunks and dog poo everywhere, we planned on eating out every night before we went but only went out twice as a family of four €100 for a basic meal was stupid and not very good so ate in most of the time.
The lift pass says you can skate for free that's true if you have your own boots if not it's €10 to hire the most painful things I've ever put on my feet lasted 10 mins and had to get of and never did that again.
The main problem last time I came was the run home is either very steep black or a green that you would be quicker walking down neither ideal with 2 kids, so when I saw that they have put in a red run this year to get back it was another reason to go back, on day one I went on my own to make sure that the kids would be ok on it they are quite competent but only weak intermediate skiers, the run is hurrendous and at least half of it I'd describe as a difficult black so much so there was quite a few people obviously caught out by the poor marking and they were sliding down skis in hand I'm a snowboarder of 20 years and I hated it and only did it the once and was so glad the kids were not with me.
Another problem is we had loads of snow which is great as a snowboarder if you have trees but not here if it snowed there was no going out the 3 days it snowed heavy we couldn't go out, we could have pottered about at village level but everyone else did that which ment 20 minutes wait just for a 200mtr drag lift.
Just to end a bad holiday my wife's snowboard was stollen from outside the bar at the bottom of the pistes the big with dome, the annoying thing was we have locking powder leashes and used them all week but the one time we forgot this happened, on arriving at the police station we were not the only ones and was told this was quite a common occurrence, so if you do end up here which I would not recommend bring plenty of money a lock for your gear and something to scrape the dog s*** of you shoes.

2  Thank madaboutholsBradford