“First class”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Les Deux-Alpes
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First class”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This Hotel is a real find for excellent food, friendly trained staff and a brilliant central location. The owner opened up for breakfast at 4.30am on our departure day! Fabulous service, he couldn't have been more accommodating. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel without a balcony but heard no noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank drew s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed over new year, the owner Michele and his staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. I have not had better food at a mass catering hotel. Varied menu. It is obvious that a lot of effort is made. Rooms comfortable, smallish bit with plenty of storage space.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We have just returned from a great week, over new year. However I have a very mixed view of this hotel. The adult food was simply the best I have had on a all inclusive holiday, there was plenty of verity, the service from all serving staff was fab. The children's food however was very poor indeed, not a bit of veg all week, very under cooked chicken( still very pink) was given to my 7 & 8 years one night, plan pasta on a diffrent night, i did ask if my children could have smaller porsions of the lovely adult food, the manager was very rude and simply said you will have to pay more they are only children. On news years eve we had a lovley meal which was spoilt by the manager who had a stand up row with a British family which looked like it might end up in a punch up not what I want my children to see. When the manager had finished his rant at the British guest he commented to our table that "you British are uneducated". He really is nown as basil in les deux alpes, and rightly so.
The rooms were basic but clean, the beds where rather hard, but the lovely view made up for it.
All in all a great hotel not far from the slopes just a shame about one eccentric man in need of a day or two off, and some customer service training.

Room Tip: Room at the front of the hotel have a great view but rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 1985-6
Derbyshire
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Fantastic! Spent a week here on 15 December 2012. I really do not understand how people can give this place anything less than 5 stars! It's fantastic value with the (A.I) all inclusive deal, the staff are superb and really can't do enough for you, i wish people would stop the ' basil faulty' remarks about the owner as he was great and very welcoming. Rooms are clean and comfortable, ski boot warmers in the locker room were welcome in the morning! The food was great with plenty of variety and although its buffet style there's still great waiters to make sure everything is fine. The A.I bar was open between 4 and 10 and served french Stella and many spirts in a nice lounge area with open fire. If I had to critisise anything it would be that there was no diet coke on the A.I and that the jacuzzi was not activated until 4, but this really did not detract from the holiday.
The skiing was fantastic for all levels as you can can ski from the very top to almost the bottom on blue runs which is pretty rare for ski resorts and means you do not need to be experienced to see the best views! I would recommend planning your route very carefully if your a boarder as there are several flat sections on the main runs. we tended to avoid the chandry express bubble as it can be busy and you have the stand up for a quite a while. There's loads of restaurants on the mountain for a cheeky vin chaud. We had plenty of snow when I was there and as such the off piste was incredible and very easy to see and plan your routes from the lifts.
The night life in deux alpe is some of the best in France. Would recommend the polar bear pub which has fantastic log fire hanging from the ceiling and sells leffe by the pint! Smithys bar, smokey joes and the secret are also good.
Transfers were only 2hrs and all other travel was fine.
This hotel was a real find and I will definately be coming back when I return to deux alpe.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Oli S
Ashmore, Australia
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We've spent the last 6 months travelling around Europe and after each trip we say we'll review out hotels on Trip advisor but never get round to it. But this was such a great holiday I thought I'd take time to share it with everyone.

We booked through crystal ski and had an amazing stay the week before Christmas. I think we were some of the first to stay in the hotel for the season so some of the staff were still learning their roles, but they were always helped out by the wonderful and energetic manager Michele! Some people have compared him to Basil Faulty and, whilst I can certainly see the resemblance in his mannerisms and the way he takes charge of everything, this hotel is definitely no Faulty Towers!

The rooms, whilst small, were always spotlessly clean, the food excellent in the restaurant, the lounge bar a great place to relax and the staff a credit to the hotel - so friendly and helpful. With the all inclusive package offered by Crystal you'd get a good breakfast in the morning, a packed lunch to take out each day (saving you a fortune in food on the mountain), a wonderful dinner in the evening and free drinks from 4-10pm every night. The only things I can pick fault with is that the hot breakfast was average, (but there are great pastries, breads, cold meats, cheese and cereals to fill up on) and the lift was very small (but we just used the stairs all the time so not a problem).

We were also lucky enough to have great snow whilst there and enjoyed 6 full days of skiing (with some sore legs at the end). The hotel is in a great location, a short walk from the main lifts and you can ski back to across the road from the hotel at the end of the day. Even though the hotel encouraged people to store their skis at the hire shop, we and quite a few others used the hotel storage room as it was more convenient. just ask at reception. They even give you a padlock to lock up your skis and had a great boot room for drying you boots every evening.

A great stay and a great hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have great views but are a little noisier. Rooms at the back are a lot quieter an...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Lingfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We visited in April 2012 and again in Dec 2012, the hotel has lost none of its charm or personnel. It is a great location close to the ski lifts and the family that run it do everything to ensure you enjoy yourselves. A must for food and location.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tina J
Essex, England
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We spent all of xmas here on what was my first ski-trip with the family in Dec 2011.
I have to say before we left I read the reviews and worried a little but I shouldnt have worried at all, I loved the hotel & the food and drinks that were served on AI.
Every evening after a day of skiing, we would have dinner and then go and sit in the lounge bar - perfect evenings were spent there, the kids would play pool and they made some friends as well which was nice.
Great resort as well - I would go back.
The only negative I would have to say is that it is too hot in the rooms and even with a window open at night - it was still too hot.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family