“Worth the wait!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

We visit L2A every year and I have long hankered after a visit to this restaurant, but for one reason or another, never made it. This year we finally did and my goodness it was worth the wait. We had the 8 course tasting menu along with the 4 recommended wine samples and it was all absolutely perfect. The service was quite exceptional without being overbearing or pretentious and for such an amazing fine dining experience it was very relaxed and enjoyable. The presentation of the food is outstanding and the flavours were sublime. I even tried truffled veal sweetbreads which were nothing like I imagined they would be, but utterly delicious. Deserts were all heavenly and I can only say that Yes. I will definitely be going back every year from now on.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

It was an amazing lunch! We choose from the a ' la carte menu and the truffle risotto and fish was really delicious!the duck great as well! And least but not last the desserts were wonderful! Great combinations of the flavours! So Great ingredients,fair prices,nice servers :)

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Perfect presentation of a very creative menu. Excellent service rounded out a very enjoyable evening in Les Deux Alpes.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

We had an amazing meal.. It was a ten course meal which took almost 3 hours! I wish it didn't take so long ( I had some where to be after two hours) but it was one of the best meals I have ever had. The food was regional and prepared with great attention. The staff was very attentive and the sommelier was very helpful. I would go here again however next time I would make sure I block off an entire evening to enjoy the culinary delights.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

Small, high end, restaurant of Chalet Mounier P'tit Polyte has just 6 or 7 tables and serves delicious and imaginative cuisine one would expect in downtown London or Paris, not in a remote ski location. Two totally different menus, one focused on regional products, second with more remote roots, undoubtedly related to australian origins of chef. All is perfect but few dishes are well above others: poached lobster served in a roll with mango, seared foie gras with smoked duck breast and delicious bouillon, very original smoked trout with pickled lemon and capers and two desserts: pineapple and mango. Only drawback -if really you are looking for one- is over-abundance of various amuse-bouche, pre-desserts and other migniardises: too much food on the one hand and, specifically regarding amuse-bouche, surprisingly not aligned with the rest of the menu, as if prepared by another chef.
Outstanding wine list, clearly built by somebody who both knows and loves wine served by amazing sommeliere - I will be back just for that !
Great discovery.